diy solar

diy solar

Enphase iQ7 XS Micro-Inverters (7)

Wet1

Solar Enthusiast
A friend converted over to an AIO inverter after removing a bunch of trees and had these seven Enphase iQ7 XS (same as iQ7X) microinverters left over. They have been in storage for a couple of years and saw little use, all have been tested and work great. They come with the aluminum mounts and DC connectors. Price for all seven iQ 7XS micro-inverters is $575 (firm) shipped to the continental US. Located in CT.

Specs:
DC input range 25-79.5V
Max input short circuit current 10A.
Max input continuous current 6.5 A
AC output current 1.51/1.31 A
Ac output frequency 60HZ
AC output power 315VA
Operating temperature -40C to +60C
Efficiency 97.5%

Last edited:
If the price becomes less firm. I'm willing to pay $500, including shipping. Wouldn't mind playing around with them.

Someone else offered $525 and he said no, but I'll float it by him again for you.

Honestly the "micro" thread got me thinking about borrowing one and seeing if it will work with my 73V (85Voc) panels. I'm guessing the 79.5V max on them is only to stay within RSD requirements. Talking to another mfg of optimizers which had a similar max rating, he said they only rate theirs at that to stay in compliance, but they would safely handle up to 100V. Worst case, I fry it and owe him for one, and then there will be only 6 FS! :ROFLMAO:

I was going to put two panels in series on each, for a test.
But, the amps limit hurts.

I was going to put two panels in series on each, for a test.
But, the amps limit hurts.
Agreed on the amps, but in some cases that might not account for much depending on your panels and mounting location. My panels would be significantly over paneled with them as well. Although if it worked, I was thinking about mounting some panels vertically on a SSE facing fence (which sees some shade occasionally) so the lower output limit might be just fine for this.

Yeah, it's not real important. Just wanted to play around with them. If it's not too expensive. ;)

Back