diy solar

diy solar

EPEVER 40A MPPT 4210 Lithium Iron Phosphate, settings and good choice?

They have the RS485 easily accessible on the front, and also provide two USB ports which is a nice feature for their market. Plus I like cleaner appearance for some impractical reason. Not important to me, but they have optional swappable user interface panels and convenience port panels.

Are they better?
Dunno. It acts just like my older 40A and just works, but has max 150VOC rating.
I'm confused on what is actually the newer models. I was referring to the ones that have XTRA in the model numbers. But now, it looks like the ones you're referring to are the Triron "N" models, which I thought were older. So there are 3 different lines?

there are 3 different lines?
No I don’t think so. I just can’t avoid typing AN or something else psychotic. I think they’re all xtra if not the blue ones
EDIT: see below post. There are others

Last edited:
Huh. The listing I bought mine from said xtra but according to those pics? No xtra about it. Mine are the bottom one.

Huh. The listing I bought mine from said xtra but according to those pics? No xtra about it. Mine are the bottom one.
I think that is the newest one now that I've been digging around. But I'm not sure. If you look at pictures and descriptions on some of the Amazon listings it will show a picture of the top Tracer and then the 2nd or 3rd pic and it will say "Upgrade".

Funny thing is, I can find information and several references to the the 1st Tracer AN model being updated to include a LifePo setting. The other 2 "newer" models, I can't find anything or anyone talking about it. I can't imagine they'd update the older model and not the more recent ones.

It really blows my mind that all these controllers are not more versatile (all brands, not just Epever). You would think that most models would have built-in bluetooth and/or WiFi capability to use monitor apps. I don't know if this is to try to milk more money out of customers or what. But I would have thought these would be standard features. And you would think firmware updates would be easier and more accessible since things are ever-changing.

In case anyone is wondering, or interested, the Triron models do come with the LifePo4 settings already available. I ordered the 4415 and received it today. I confirmed that the settings are there.

In case anyone is wondering, or interested, the Triron models do come with the LifePo4 settings already available. I ordered the 4415 and received it today. I confirmed that the settings are there.
Awesome I was concerned bc I was confused about the models. Can't find anything on the epever website about the triron which is a little concerning, the only thing I really found was from 5 years ago on a yt video. I have an old phone connected to the usb port of my current mppt as a smart screen for my gride tie inverter and Bluetooth battery shunt so I really didn't want to loose the usb function buying the XTRA series and having to wire in and spend extra on a usb plug into the load terminals

Back