diy solar

diy solar

Epever app blacklisted and removed from play store

off.the.grid

Looks like Google play has marked this app as malicious and removed it from the store.
I also see it's uninstalled it off my phone.
Anyone else noticed this?

You mean the app for the Bluetooth dongle?
That would suck since I can’t connect to the Epevers anymore with the laptop, and an iPhone upgrade locked me out of using my iPhone but was going to charge up an old, not updated phone for whenever I wanted to change parameters.
The MT50 would never save the max charge limit voltage and bulk voltage, kept reverting to 13.8 or something.

So it would suck if not available since I’ve never liked iPhone (other than compact SE size) since I got the first one in 2010 and my next phone is going to be an android or linux phone.

You mean the app for the Bluetooth dongle?
That would suck since I can’t connect to the Epevers anymore with the laptop, and an iPhone upgrade locked me out of using my iPhone but was going to charge up an old, not updated phone for whenever I wanted to change parameters.
The MT50 would never save the max charge limit voltage and bulk voltage, kept reverting to 13.8 or something.

So it would suck if not available since I’ve never liked iPhone (other than compact SE size) since I got the first one in 2010 and my next phone is going to be an android or linux phone.
Not sure about Bluetooth, but the app is called epever pair, i would use it to connect to the blue ebox wifi unit which I believe is now replaced with a newer product.
Is going to be a bit of a pain if it's not available anymore as I used that app to configure my controllers.

Well in this case it's not.
It connects through my wifi ebox.
So it appears that this Solar Guardian is Cloud/internet connect only?!

The MT50 did not save certain parameters for me (always reverted to a default) but the Epever Pair app on my phone worked fine with the Bluetooth dongle.

So fwiw I wound up here seeking out an alternative. I have 5420 I want to install but since an Apple update last year the Pair app ceased to function

The MT50 did not save certain parameters for me (always reverted to a default) but the Epever Pair app on my phone worked fine with the Bluetooth dongle.

So fwiw I wound up here seeking out an alternative. I have 5420 I want to install but since an Apple update last year the Pair app ceased to function
Interesting, that means my existing ebox wifi unit will be no longer be of any use.
I was planning to connect my controllers to the cloud anyway so I can monitor remotely, so will end up getting these I guess.

I've just been trying to set this up and flummoxed by the additional requirements of this app. I'm not savvy with networking and just want a local bluetooth connection between my phone and the plug in Bluetooth dongle. Do you have any ideas?

I've just been trying to set this up and flummoxed by the additional requirements of this app. I'm not savvy with networking and just want a local bluetooth connection between my phone and the plug in Bluetooth dongle. Do you have any ideas?
I’m going to order a MT50 if I can’t find the one I had left.

Otherwise get an old eyephone that is not wifi connected nor updated, get the old Bluetooth app, and use that locally.

I’m going to order a MT50 if I can’t find the one I had left.

Otherwise get an old eyephone that is not wifi connected nor updated, get the old Bluetooth app, and use that locally.
I've messaged Epever. My solar installation is mobile so I've asked for alternatives that are local. I'd begrudgingly use the MT50 though the reason I got a Bluetooth dongle was avoid that in the first place. Also someone saying their MT50 doesn't adjust all parameters. I'm using Lifepo4 batteries and so like to set up an individual charging profile.

Annoying.

I've messaged Epever. My solar installation is mobile so I've asked for alternatives that are local. I'd begrudgingly use the MT50 though the reason I got a Bluetooth dongle was avoid that in the first place. Also someone saying their MT50 doesn't adjust all parameters. I'm using Lifepo4 batteries and so like to set up an individual charging profile.

Annoying.
MFers insisting they need to insert a cloud between me and a solar regulator that's 2 meters away from me.

I'd begrudgingly use the MT50 though the reason I got a Bluetooth dongle was avoid that in the first place. Also someone saying their MT50 doesn't adjust all parameters.
Me too, and I’m the one that stated the mt50 wouldn’t save right. Drove myself nuts for a week- I changed everything else but the charging voltage would be back to default next time I looked. I’m not typically violent but illogically and out of character I wanted to punch the thing even if I broke my hand. I had to calm myself down and just unplug it🙄

The "old" apps are available direct from EPEVER:

Dunno about "iThings" but Android allows manual installation of APK's after asking whether you really, really wanna do it.

BTW:

this whole thing reminded me of something:

Unless you want third-parties deciding what is good for you and removing apps and doing other stuff based on THEIR criteria, you need to manually turn off PlayProtect and remove all permissions from Play Store.

Flat just deleting an app from your device without first asking if you want to allow it, and why, is bad behavior.

Every time I manually update apps via Play (I NEVER allow an "update all"), I have to go back to Permissions and turn off all the crap they want to do that has been re-enabled. Although I can't determine whether Play itself is the villain or the individual apps themselves, most if not all the stuff I have turned off gets "magically" turned back on.

Regardless of what Google's EULA says, my device is MINE, dang it, not THEIRS.

There is an "archive" option in the Play settings that *might* keep an APK for an older version around for future use, but Play might search it out and delete it too. I manually copy all my APK's off to another computer before I update anything. Doing that has allowed me to re-install an old version when the "newest and greatest" verison is severely broken or has removed some functionality I need. This happens a lot.

The strategy mentioned above of keeping an old device around and not letting it update is a good one. I have several.

Not saving settings is the result of trying to set a voltage higher than another limit voltage.

Example would be setting the absorption voltage higher than the charging limit voltage.

Another example would be trying to set the charging limit voltage higher than the over voltage disconnect voltage.

Not saving settings is the result of trying to set a voltage higher than another limit voltage.

Example would be setting the absorption voltage higher than the charging limit voltage.

Another example would be trying to set the charging limit voltage higher than the over voltage disconnect voltage.
Maybe I’ll need to explore that further.

But then why was I able to set my high voltage limit with the Epever App?!

Back