diy solar

diy solar

EPever model/spec confusion

Frank Enstine

So I bought two different Epever SCCs. (I didn’t think the first would arrive before 12/31 and I would miss out on the 30% tax credit.). I plan to return one but I cant make sense. Even EPever sends me contradicting info and I have had to correct them on their products.

I am not grid-tied. I have 2 12V 100Ah LiFePo4 batteries in series with a max charge of 50A. I have two 215W panels in series and intend to expand to 4 or 5 panels in series.

The two models I have are the XTRA4215N and the Triron4215N. Epever’ s website makes no mention of the Triron line but the product page on Amazon says it’s the upgrade to the Tracer line.

so, for my simple application, I don’t know which is easier to use/configure with LiFePo4 batteries. I would prefer not to have to use a computer to configure and I believe the XTRA can use the MT-50 but unsure about the Triron.

Any and all insight is much appreciated

I'm not sure what product line/feature distiction Epever is trying to make, but all the Tracer####AN controllers I've experimented with internally identify themselves (via RS485/ModBus) as "TriRon####" (e.g. "'TriRon3210'" for a Tracer 3210AN)

Pretty sure I read something about the new Xtras firmware which identifies them as Triron? Prob not a major biggy, so long as it does what it's meant to do?

My Tracer 4210AN is identified as Triron 4210N in the ePever cloud when using ePever Wifi-2,4G-RJ45-A dongle. Via the ePever cloud (from computer or ePever Pair APP) the parameters can also be configured

Can also tell you that I bought the newer MT75 and hoped parameters could be adjusted using that,but that was not possible

Back