diy solar

diy solar

EV to House

emeraldcoastcamper

This may seem a bit way out there but with some Electric vehicles offering a reverse power feature where one can provide power to their house...buy a wrecked EV for pennies on the dollar and just hide it in the driveway, garage, or purpose built shed. Keep it charged with PV (currently at 5.5KW in my case) and there it is for a backup. Lots of storage for a minimal cost. There are auctions where vehicles can be bid on and some of the wrecked EV sale prices are ridiculous. Nissan has introduced a kit to make this plug and plan. Available in Japan now but coming to Europe and USA. Shoot a hole in this for me please.

buy a wrecked EV for pennies on the dollar and just hide it in the driveway, garage, or purpose built shed.
I can see the benefit if you already have (and use) an EV but struggling to see the benefit 'just for backup', I mean, you can you can just buy the power packs or individual modules, why buy and store the car? And it depends on how long you want on backup, a Tesla Model S power pack would only power a typical household for a couple or three days.

Back