diy solar

diy solar

Eve 105 with questionable (reprinted?) QR code

I've stopped already and disconnected. One cell came down to rest at 3.362 V. The others are at 3.512 - 3.520V. I wonder how much are they still going to drop. These cells are clearly not what they should be.

Yes. It's during the end of the top balance process that this happened.
I've tried to top balance each cell, got 2 to 3.650, one settled to 3.590, one is still dropping from 3.640.

Last edited:
I just purchased 16 of EVE 105 here in the US for $38 each with a good results after capacity test. I check the QR code and they have production of July last year if i don't recall wrong. Cells looks square no puff. Tested good.
Not sure if is ok sharing seller. I am new here in the forum. 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

I just purchased 16 of EVE 105 here in the US for $38 each with a good results after capacity test. I check the QR code and they have production of July last year if i don't recall wrong. Cells looks square no puff. Tested good.
Not sure if is ok sharing seller. I am new here in the forum. View attachment 192883View attachment 192884View attachment 192885View attachment 192886View attachment 192887View attachment 192889View attachment 192890
Share away, it will help others.
Based on the price I'd say 18650.

Well, they said they've asked Eve about this and they are waiting for an answer. But I'm kinda running out of patience.

Exactly there. Code checks out, that's not a problem. The problem is that the code is stickered and not etched, so I suspect a bunch of legitimate codes has been stickered to salvaged/out of spec/lower grade cells.
If they are legit peeling the sticker should have the qr code in laser right?

Well, they said they've asked Eve about this and they are waiting for an answer. But I'm kinda running out of patience.
Understandable.

Give it a bit more time. Try sending them an email tomorrow to just check how things are going on that front.

I would find it strange if a business that supposedly orders several containers worth over 100k € every month or so from EVE, would have to wait much longer to get an answer about suspicious cells with stickers instead of genuine laser-etched codes on them in their order.

Patience.

Technically speaking, a few hundred euros is not worth it for a business to noticeably degrade its reputation over it.

I have no horse in this game, at best maybe as a returning(or not) customer. And the fact I would like to see them do right by you.

You did not go cheap, you saved up and paid the price business asked for genuine A grade EVE cells.

I hope NKON does right by you. I was thrilled to find out there's a business in the EU that deals directly with EVE and offers Grade A cells.

Frankly, I would be disappointed if I could no longer consider them as an option.

Not sure if is ok sharing seller. I am new here in the forum. View attachment 192883View attachment 192884View attachment 192885View attachment 192886View attachment 192887View attachment 192889View attachment 192890
I'm happy for ya, really. Looking at the bolts yours are different and better looking. Mine are shorter and lack washers. I didn't give it much thought, but should have been a warning sign because they were different from the pictures. What kind of battery tester did you use?
If they are legit peeling the sticker should have the qr code in laser right?
Why should I do that? The codes are supposed to be etched and readable through the transparent window at the top of the cells, no stickers and no peeling needed. Actually removing the top of the cell would void warranty. I suspect that there are either other QRs under the sticker or the original QR has been sanded. It's not me who should do the detective works. It's seller's duty to provide warranty and handle their supply chain.
I just want the cells I paid for.

I'm happy for ya, really. Looking at the bolts yours are different and better looking. Mine are shorter and lack washers. I didn't give it much thought, but should have been a warning sign because they were different from the pictures. What kind of battery tester did you use?

Why should I do that? The codes are supposed to be etched and readable through the transparent window at the top of the cells, no stickers and no peeling needed. Actually removing the top of the cell would void warranty. I suspect that there are either other QRs under the sticker or the original QR has been sanded. It's not me who should do the detective works. It's seller's duty to provide warranty and handle their supply chain.
I just want the cells I paid for.
This one. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...9204640.1005001458325206&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

But I want to buy the 600W version,

Understandable.

Give it a bit more time. Try sending them an email tomorrow to just check how things are going on that front.

I would find it strange if a business that supposedly orders several containers worth over 100k € every month or so from EVE, would have to wait much longer to get an answer about suspicious cells with stickers instead of genuine laser-etched codes on them in their order.

Patience.

Technically speaking, a few hundred euros is not worth it for a business to noticeably degrade its reputation over it.

I have no horse in this game, at best maybe as a returning(or not) customer. And the fact I would like to see them do right by you.

You did not go cheap, you saved up and paid the price business asked for genuine A grade EVE cells.

I hope NKON does right by you. I was thrilled to find out there's a business in the EU that deals directly with EVE and offers Grade A cells.

Frankly, I would be disappointed if I could no longer consider them as an option.
It is Chinese new year..
China is closed for 2 weeks, no matter how big the order

It is Chinese new year..
China is closed for 2 weeks, no matter how big the order

Contrary to the impression my words may have left, I want NKON to succeed, but only NKON can make sure of that. Not me, I have no say in how they run their business, nor I'm affiliated with it.

If I were to run a business that in its entirety depends on doing a business with another business that operates in another country with a different language and culture, and do so for over a year, rest assured I would be very familiar with their language and culture and would be prepared for the cease of operation of the business in question during their national holidays.

And do so, by simply making sure there's a sufficient number of extra units in the shipment to make sure I can fulfill the part of the deal of replacing the bad or inadequate units for a decent portion of orders in the batch during the Chinese holiday period, and sort out the matter with EVE when possible.

Later, the remaining units can be redirected to orders made within the holiday timeframe.

Just my 2 cents.

Once again, I hope NKON does right by the OP.

@marksman

Just a thought,

You've probably already done this, but have you tried to assemble the battery and run a few charge cycles with your solar system, and let the BMS do its thing balancing and bringing the cells to life so to speak?

Last edited:
Back