diy solar

diy solar

Eve 105Ah with 4 AWG cable terminal options?

ZEUS-FL

I have a pack or 8S2P EVE 105Ah cells. I want to connect a nice 4 AWG cables from the battery to the Inverter. Currently I am using 8 AWG wires.
My problem is the screws from that battery are very thin in order to connect a 4 AWG terminal to it.

What options do I have?

My brother's battery I built for his camper 4 years ago sits outside all the time in the PNW wet weather and is still fine. A little oxidization on the aluminum but nothing funky under there.

My brother's battery I built for his camper 4 years ago sits outside all the time in the PNW wet weather and is still fine. A little oxidization on the aluminum but nothing funky under there.
Still, it's probably not best practice and could lead to problems in the future.
I wouldn't recommend it to others.

Isn't that a big No-No?
Connecting copper lugs to aluminum terminals? What about galvanic corrosion?

I think it's best to use tinned copper lugs instead.
Wow, I never even thought of this being a problem. So the flexible bus bars and lugs need some sanding and NOLOX?

Isn't that a big No-No?
Connecting copper lugs to aluminum terminals? What about galvanic corrosion?

I think it's best to use tinned copper lugs instead.

Yep. I should have been in bed when I made that post. Tin or nickel plated copper is preferred.

As an alternative, I would also consider using NO OX ID A Special between them. It claims to prevent corrosion due to dissimilar metals.

Back