diy solar

diy solar

EVE 280ah out of stock

jtvt

Solar Enthusiast
My supplier Shenzhen basen is telling me the EVE 280ah cells are out of stock.

Anybody else being told this?

From what I have seen, the original EVE 280's went out of stock some time ago .... then the 280N came into stock .... now the 280L has been released by EVE and I would think supply of them should start coming into stock.

I don't know. but I went to pull the trigger on more cells and was told they were out of stock. What's the difference between the "N" and "L"...lot number?

My supplier Shenzhen basen is telling me the EVE 280ah cells are out of stock.

Anybody else being told this?
I also have been told last night by BASEN that LISHEN 272Ah is also out off stock which is the same reply I get from Amy.

There is this post here but I have no idea if they are a good supplier.

I placed order about 2 weeks ago for EVE 280Ah from Shenzhen Basen and just rec'd confirmation $ wired (4/16).
I requested spec sheet against my order, which apparently shows as Rev N (attached).
I previously dug up Rev L from internet in advance (also attached), and compared for some slight differences (physical & performance?).
Most concerning is snap shot below showing 6000 (L) vs 4000 (N) life cycles - but, maybe non issue for 0.5C vs 1C ?
Is Rev L the lesser product?

1618975456986.png

Attachments

• LF280_N EVE Bat Spec.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 14
  • LF280_N(3 2V 280Ah)Product Specification.pdf
    534.7 KB · Views: 11
I doubt it changed much at all. Like you said it's twice the discharge rate. There's also quite a bit of leeway in those extrapolations depending on which data points you choose to include.

I agree. All of the EVE data sheets I have looked at indicate a max 1C rate. And they all state the standard C rates are .5. I have looked at the LF280, LF280N and LF280L plus a couple of others with different dates. They are all the same regarding C rates. I could be wrong but I don't think EVE has changed the chemistry. Discharging at 1C rates with either the N or L would probably yield the same results.

I bet it's more likely that they changed their test procedure because customers wanted fair comparisons between battery vendors at 1C.

It is pretty funny though that they changed the y-axis to extend down to 70% to make it look not-as-bad!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I just noticed I attached same EVE spec sheet (rev N) twice up above.
Attaching them together here now, Rev L & Rev N.
You can see between the spec sheets everything else is quite close, but not exact.
I have some inhouse translation available and the release signatures are different people, but same address.

Notice the 6mm tap hole difference, 123 (rev L) vs 90 (rev N).
Also some confusion that rev L (9-23-20) after rev N (12-22-19) - I know that can happen though in release engineering.

It will be interesting if someone reports performance between the two rev's, using same discharge ratings.
The only driver (difference) between the 2 rev's may just be the 90mm & 123mm attachment centers based on customer need.

Attachments

• LF280_L EVE Bat Spec.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 15
  • LF280_N(3 2V 280Ah)Product Specification.pdf
    534.7 KB · Views: 5
There seems to be a mistake in the latest version of the EVE datasheet

1632398832510.png

Hi Jtvt, this is Libby from Docan Technology company. Yes, I have received this messages from some of our customers too. Because we still have stock for EVE 280ah in china and Houston USA warehouse, so many of them find us and ordered from us already. If you need, you can contact me too, I can arrange for you soon. Thanks. Friend.

Our alibaba account is docantech.en.alibaba.com
Email: libby@efestpower.com
whatsapp/wechat: +86 15986796835

Welcome to the forum!
Please make sure you edit your profile to show your affiliation with your company. Check the Terms and Rules:

Back