diy solar

diy solar

EVE LF280k Vs 304

wtf.. If this is true I'd never recommend 304, getting double the life out of 280
Yet, as said again, the initial ratings on the 304's were done at 1c -> 4000 cycles
280's were rated at 0.5c -> 6000 cycles

It wasn't until the drama with the 280k that the spec sheet of the 304's "magically" changed to 0.5 C

The current 280 will test above 300 for the first few cycles

The 280 debacle really made with think twice about eve and their spec sheet

wtf.. If this is true I'd never recommend 304, getting double the life out of 280
Reading the spec sheets for each tells you this. The 280Ah cell is rated for a longer life at a lower charge and discharge rate and is therefore the best pick for home energy storage imho

Reading the spec sheets for each tells you this. The 280Ah cell is rated for a longer life at a lower charge and discharge rate and is therefore the best pick for home energy storage imho
Or, if you extrapolate...
they are in the same ball park in cycles, just higher capacity

Last edited:
Yet, as said again, the initial ratings on the 304's were done at 1c -> 4000 cycles
280's were rated at 0.5c -> 6000 cycles

It wasn't until the drama with the 280k that the spec sheet of the 304's "magically" changed to 0.5 C

The current 280 will test above 300 for the first few cycles

The 280 debacle really made with think twice about eve and their spec sheet
ahhaah pretty funny
I tested all my batteries, all 270-286 so hopefully I get 15 years out of them with my light use. They're a bit older EVE ones so wouldn't expect them to have the "above 300 for the first few cycles" like new ones

Either one will suffer from calendar ageing before cycle life in typical solar applications. Get the ones that are most convenient (I have a mixture of both) and enjoy
I want my 20 years! I'd be happy with 15 as said above though
as long as they stay above 150 amp hours (just kidding I'll run them until they don't even work) I'll keep running them, maybe get 30 years

Best thing to do is keep them at 25C. High temperatures impact cycle life more than anything.
Yea for winter I had them at 70... ~21C
From my maths with my insulation them heating themselves gives them more capacity than not heating themselves to that temp. So they gain overall energy / kwh by spending energy to heat themselves lol (always get a kick out of that)

For summer not sure what I'll do, doesn't get that crazy hot here though. I was thinking of finding someone's "broken" refrigerator and messing with the compressor for my concrete battery box lool

Back