diy solar

diy solar

Everything is on now for settings

Jgb3

Ok I have 32 280ah grade A eve cells set up as 2 48v batteries each with a 500amp Daly smart bms and a growatt spf 12000t dvm-mvp inverter also a Victron smart shunt
First question of many to come is charging current on the inverter can be set from 10-180amp for combined charging power from ac and solar question is is this something I should change depending on how I’m charging? Or is it set and forget? I will be charging with a generator (9500 Westinghouse w/50 amp plug) and to start only 6 solar panels till the rest of the array is built 3s4p in each input eventually6E3EECE3-346A-4C2C-B949-A0ABC16ADCCE.jpeg
I will have many more questions thanks to anyone who can help

The higher you set the charge amps, the less time the generator has to be on. However, the usual charge rate is .5C. You don't want to exceed that. If the Growatt is putting out 180 amps at 48v, with both 16s batteries connected, you're well below the .5C charge rate of 280 amps.

Have you completed a top balance of those cells? If not, do that first!

The higher you set the charge amps, the less time the generator has to be on. However, the usual charge rate is .5C. You don't want to exceed that. If the Growatt is putting out 180 amps at 48v, with both 16s batteries connected, you're well below the .5C charge rate of 280 amps.

Have you completed a top balance of those cells? If not, do that first!
No top balance yet they were around 50% charge when I received them so hooked them up today and I will charge them tomorrow then take it apart and top balance I only have a 10amp power supply so it would have taken a couple weeks without charging them first

No top balance yet they were around 50% charge when I received them so hooked them up today and I will charge them tomorrow then take it apart and top balance I only have a 10amp power supply so it would have taken a couple weeks without charging them first

No, no, no, no!!! Top balance no matter what. Don't let the state of charge mislead you. Well balanced batteries are critical to a well functioning system. Be patient with that 10 amp power supply. If you really don't have time, then leave them in series and charge to ~90%, then switch to parallel top balancing.

I went straight to parallel top balancing my eight cells and made the time for that to happen.

32 cells * 280 ah * .5 soc / 10 amps = 448 hours
448 hours / 24 = 18.666666667 days.

Suggest you read this doco and get the cells mostly full at system voltage.

32 cells * 280 ah * .5 soc / 10 amps = 448 hours
448 hours / 24 = 18.666666667 days.

Suggest you read this doco and get the cells mostly full at system voltage.
Yup that’s the plan I will charge them up tomorrow and take the packs back apart and top balance

Back