diy solar

diy solar

Existing Solar PV system needs to install battery

I have economy 7 tarrif
Should the battery not be fully charged from solar in darker months (which I would expect to be the case) then I am hoping for night rate to take over so it can be used in day time.

My general usage is as attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230301_082214_Shell Energy.jpg
    Screenshot_20230301_082214_Shell Energy.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20230301_082315_Shell Energy.jpg
    Screenshot_20230301_082315_Shell Energy.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 4
I've contacted a solar installer and he is recommending a 12.9 kwh Fox Energy Cube with a Fox ESS 5 kW inverter.

Has anyone had any experience with this kit and are there any opinions of it.
My experience with the energy cube is that as they release new versions of the battery modules, the new modules are no longer compatible with the master battery module. This means you have to trash it and buy new master battery module with the right version. Yes insane!

My order for the SolaX X1-Fit G4 + TP58 Batteries has been placed. Just waiting for delivery and installation.

While I'm waiting I can't help but to make sure the system will be set up properly.
The order from https://midsummerwholesale.co.uk/buy/solax/solax-x1-g4-fit-5 says it will only come with a single CT clip, which I'm guessing will only be for the mains live wire.

However, I wish to have the ability to monitor my Solar inverter too. For this, MidSummer have suggested going with 2x CHINT devices as we are unable to source an additional CT from SolaX.

Has anyone had these CHINT devices installed for multiple inverters?
Would my single CT clip at the mains do the job of providing the load from battery in day time and charge at night and use excess solar to charge during the summer.

Not sure what the full benefits would be of multiple CHINT devices.

I've got a reply back from SolaX support.
They have said to use the 2 meters and crimp them using the pins 4 and 5 and then use an RJ45 splitter to connect them up.
I'm now just concerned that this may cancel out each connector as they will both be providing data down the single channel.
They also advised to go to meter/ct settings on the inverter and then to address them up as 1 and 2 for both meters.
Anyone done this before?

1678958292502.png

Back