diy solar

diy solar

Fault Code 04 on LV2424 - Display Showing Intermittent Spike in Load

nicorellius

Troubleshooter
I'm looking for some guidance on my LV2424. I've had this small off-grid system running smoothly for about a year. I've got 6x 240 W panels in 3S2P configuration, charging a battery bank of 4x 12 V LiFePO4 batteries, wired in 2S2P for a 24 V system. It's been great so far, after initial testing to get a good configuration set up. In the winter I rely on utility charging quite a bit (as I'm in Portland OR) but this last summer, the batteries charged almost to max every day from solar alone, which was great to see.

Occasionally I get a fault code of 04 (battery voltage too low), but this is fleeting as the batteries charge back up quick at that point because the utility kicks in. Normally it goes away after a short time and everything is fine again. However, today the same fault code appeared but I also noticed the load on the system (as seen on the display) intermittently (once per 45-60 seconds or so) spiked to 600-1000 W (normally I use about 150-200 W continuous). I checked all the circuits this system provides power for and only the typical 150 W for a small home office is being used. All other circuits have zero load.

What can cause a spike like this?

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same inverter that just started giving me fault code 4 when I turn on a shop vac and the current goes up to 50A. My 7.3 kWh battery remains above 25.5v even under the load. It's not a low battery, it's at about 50% capacity and has the current and voltage delivering capabilities as it is a LiFePO4...

The inverter itself is still seeing plenty of voltage and my BMS isn't telling me that the battery is low...

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same inverter that just started giving me fault code 4 when I turn on a shop vac and the current goes up to 50A. My 7.3 kWh battery remains above 25.5v even under the load. It's not a low battery, it's at about 50% capacity and has the current and voltage delivering capabilities as it is a LiFePO4...

The inverter itself is still seeing plenty of voltage and my BMS isn't telling me that the battery is low...
No, haven't figured this out. However, it hasn't happened again. But it did show similar spikes without the fault code a couple times since, seemingly randomly. Not sure what's going on but further investigation is definitely needed.

My system starting doing this again rather frequently. All when battery gets to about 25 volts, eg, SOS of about 20% according to my coulomb meter. I changed two settings: number 29 cutoff voltage to 23.5 from 24 and number 12, back to charge from utility, to 24.5 from 25 volts. We'll see.

Anyone else on this thread figure this out?

Back