diy solar

diy solar

Fault code 13 mpp lv 2424

icarus

Have two lv 2424 hooked together. Got a fault code 13? Is there a site I could get the fault codes.
Thanks.

Thanks for the help. Still wondering if there is a site with the fault codes. Not all seem to be in the manual.

Have two lv 2424 hooked together. Got a fault code 13? Is there a site I could get the fault codes.
Thanks.
I made a post about code 13 on here.
What panels do you have connected to your MPP?

What is the model #?? "2.4"?
Code 13 is over Voc
Look on the manual page 9 for max open circuit voltage.
Rearrrange your panels in series - parallel to be under the max Voc.

How are your 6 375 watt panals arranged?
Voc on them?

I have 8 250 watt panels, not sure the voc on them. Paper work at farm where system is set up will check Mon.
Thanks

Is code 13 a Fault code? Looks like a warning code. Looks like your are getting high Voltages from your Solar array at certain times. Like others posted, try to rearrange your array to Series / Parallel or maybe try and remove a panel if possible and see if that helps. Sounds like a good problem to me.

Parallel , single phase.
You have 8 250w panels in parallel??
I presume 4 on each unit??
If so your panel arrays will be at the Voc of only one 250watt panel which should not cause a 13 code.
Are you sure they are in Parallel and not Series?
What low morning temperatures are you getting at your location?

mbr I thought you were asking about the lv2424's are parallel single phase. I have two strings of panels. Four @ 1000w and four@ 1000w going to one unit the master. The other is just the slave which bring the inverters together to 4800w.

mbr I thought you were asking about the lv2424's are parallel single phase. I have two strings of panels. Four @ 1000w and four@ 1000w going to one unit the master. The other is just the slave which bring the inverters together to 4800w.
Code 13 is over voltage of solar panels.
Jeez do you know the difference between series connecting and parallel of panels??
If you have 4 panels in series strings at 37Voc is 148Voc which when at a lower temp than 75° will raise the Voc more giving you a code 13.
Your MPP has a max input of about 145V?
What temps are you getting now?

You are going to have to rearrange your panels.
8 is 4S2P as you have them now.
2S4P will be about 32 amps and 74Voc

Back