diy solar

diy solar

Feeling dumb, create a load?

ShoNuff

I bought a GroWatt 3000W all in one and (8) EVE cells about 18months ago. Hooked it all up at my house with an Overkill 8cell BMS. All seemed to work as expected, i charged them, ran equipment using the growatt. Then I put it all up and waited for the expected day I was going to use it. That day came a few weeks back, Have property, bought an RV put said RV on property and dragged out my solar "stuff" to power the RV. To keep things very simple at this point I only use a generator to recharge the battery back, a nice feature of the growatt.
I hooked everything up, and the growWatt would not power on, I have checked, double, triple, even had my wife look at the overkill schematic and validate I had it wired correctly. If I bypass the BMS the Growatt comes to life, put the BMS inline, cant seem to get the BMS to "pass" the 24 volts to the GroWatt.
I contacted Overkill, and they say I have to have a "load" for the BMS to start passing voltage.
This is where I'm lost, I feel like I am providing a load, as the GroWatt turns on as soon as I go directly to the battery.
Due to a time crunch I just bought a DALY BMS 8S 24V 100A LiFePO4 Battery Protection Module, hooked it up and the same result, the BMS wont actually "turn on"
Which brings me to my question, what am I missing here? I feel like both BMS cant be broken, so both must be ok, which means I'm doing the same thing wrong with both.
Any idea on how to "create load"

Pictures are worth a 1000 words. Care to share any of the set up?

Have you measured the BMS battery terminals?

How’s the BMS sense leads look like?

Do you have the Bluetooth app for the Overkill BMS? Can you verify the settings and output current?

What’s your ambient temp?

How are you making connections from the BMS to the Growwatt? Pictures?

Back