diy solar

diy solar

Felicity LPBA low voltage

abdallah.91

Hello guys,

I installed many solar systems ladt months all were Felicity inverter 5kw and Felicity LiFePo4 battery LPBA48170 which is 170Ah 51.2V, CATL grade A cells 6000 Cycles. Ihave installed 2 systems last week in the same building for 2 different apartments. i connected them to the internet through data logger to monitor and see customers usage. the idea that almost 90% they are similar in usage and low current. the weird thing that one battery has lower voltage when it has higher SoC so it was 95% but its voltages is arrounf 52.6V. whst does thst means??
when it stops charging and start discharging even if the battery consumption is 10A no more, if drops fastly during munutes from 54V to 52.6v and stay long time in the 52.xxV range. see attached brief declaration of the comparison of the 2 systems batteries.

Attachments

• IMG-20220609-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20220609-WA0014.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 138
Hello guys,

I installed many solar systems ladt months all were Felicity inverter 5kw and Felicity LiFePo4 battery LPBA48170 which is 170Ah 51.2V, CATL grade A cells 6000 Cycles. Ihave installed 2 systems last week in the same building for 2 different apartments. i connected them to the internet through data logger to monitor and see customers usage. the idea that almost 90% they are similar in usage and low current. the weird thing that one battery has lower voltage when it has higher SoC so it was 95% but its voltages is arrounf 52.6V. whst does thst means??
when it stops charging and start discharging even if the battery consumption is 10A no more, if drops fastly during munutes from 54V to 52.6v and stay long time in the 52.xxV range. see attached brief declaration of the comparison of the 2 systems batteries.
I wonder if the internal balance of the batteries are different. If the bms is working properly after a few cycles this should even out if balancing is the issue. If the bms doesn’t ballence or if a cell is weak the problem will probably get worse. It’s Normal for the first few volts of a fully charged 48 volt lifepo4 battery to disappear very quickly

I wonder if the internal balance of the batteries are different. If the bms is working properly after a few cycles this should even out if balancing is the issue. If the bms doesn’t ballence or if a cell is weak the problem will probably get worse. It’s Normal for the first few volts of a fully charged 48 volt lifepo4 battery to disappear very quickly
thanks Bobert,

I connected 3 days ago the BMS to the pc monitor and I see the 16 cells are 100% balanced with 2 digits, so all was 3.34*v. the cycles counter after 2 weeks of usage was 4 cycles only. the battery seems to give the expected energy capacity but I will do capacity test by the coming days using power analyzer. the idea is 52.6v is really low voltage so by looking into the SoV to voltage table it is maybe below 70%.
what do you think, maybe all cells are used but they are in the life status?

thanks Bobert,

I connected 3 days ago the BMS to the pc monitor and I see the 16 cells are 100% balanced with 2 digits, so all was 3.34*v. the cycles counter after 2 weeks of usage was 4 cycles only. the battery seems to give the expected energy capacity but I will do capacity test by the coming days using power analyzer. the idea is 52.6v is really low voltage so by looking into the SoV to voltage table it is maybe below 70%.
Unless the battery is nearly 100% charged it is pretty hard to tell if the cells are balanced. One of the easiest ways to see if the cells are balanced is to change the battery to its max voltage allowed by the manufacturer if the cells are out of balance with each other you will hit high voltage cutoff before you are supposed to. In most cases the bms will not balance the cells unless the battery is charged well over 90% occasionally. Until the battery is almost 100% charged the cels usually don’t have much apparent difference in voltage unless they are extremely out of balance.

Unless the battery is nearly 100% charged it is pretty hard to tell if the cells are balanced. One of the easiest ways to see if the cells are balanced is to change the battery to its max voltage allowed by the manufacturer if the cells are out of balance with each other you will hit high voltage cutoff before you are supposed to. In most cases the bms will not balance the cells unless the battery is charged well over 90% occasionally. Until the battery is almost 100% charged the cels usually don’t have much apparent difference in voltage unless they are extremely out of balance.
intresting information, but if the bms stops charging before the battery get fully charged, how to force it to charge and see how much the cells are balanced?

intresting information, but if the bms stops charging before the battery get fully charged, how to force it to charge and see how much the cells are balanced?
If you hit full voltage cutoff before reaching the manufacturers recommended max voltage you have a few options. If the battery is under warranty contact the manufacturer or the retailer/wholesaler you bought it from they may have specific recommendations. Another is to repeatedly cycle the battery with the top voltage set at just below the point where you reach high voltage cutoff. I did both of these things. My battery bank is made up of 4 12 volt lifepo4 batteries in series. They don’t have a smart bms so I couldn’t check the individual cell balance but the symptoms I had were that of internally unbalanced batteries. The seller of the batteries contacted the manufacturer and discovered that the bms they had used did not internally balance the cells. He sent me add on balance boards that I installed and then I cycled them charging to just below high voltage cutoff on the recharge side of the cycle. When I started the battery bank would hit high voltage cutoff at just over 56 volts. Now my batteries go to 57.4 volts and don’t hit cutoff.

If you hit full voltage cutoff before reaching the manufacturers recommended max voltage you have a few options. If the battery is under warranty contact the manufacturer or the retailer/wholesaler you bought it from they may have specific recommendations. Another is to repeatedly cycle the battery with the top voltage set at just below the point where you reach high voltage cutoff. I did both of these things. My battery bank is made up of 4 12 volt lifepo4 batteries in series. They don’t have a smart bms so I couldn’t check the individual cell balance but the symptoms I had were that of internally unbalanced batteries. The seller of the batteries contacted the manufacturer and discovered that the bms they had used did not internally balance the cells. He sent me add on balance boards that I installed and then I cycled them charging to just below high voltage cutoff on the recharge side of the cycle. When I started the battery bank would hit high voltage cutoff at just over 56 volts. Now my batteries go to 57.4 volts and don’t hit cutoff.
I monitored the battery many time, the configurations is 56.4V for float and bulk charge parameters, but no times it exceeded the range of 55V so it stops around this voltage. now I connected the Battery BMS to the monitor software on the PC, and wait until the BMS stops charging and battery gets full, i surprised that cells aren't well balanced and the voltage difference between the cells reaches 0.2V.
can you take a look please at the attached photo that shows the cells voltages and see the differences between them?

Attachments

• IMG_20220614_223959.jpg
    IMG_20220614_223959.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 109
I have no experience with your specific battery. lifepo4 batteries operate on a simulator principle but with different flavors (number of cells, bms, type of cell ect.) my battery’s bms did not do balancing of the cells fortunately the seller of these batteries came up with a add on internal balancer that fixed my problem. Even with that fix installed I had to charge my battery bank to above 56 volts over 12 times ( the 56v reading was while being charged) lifepo4 batteries usually don’t balance until they are nearly full. My balance boards evened the voltage so slowly that it took many full charges to balance the cells.

thanks Bobert,

What bms pc monitor do you use on Felicity batteries?

I got a copy from Felicity and bought adapter from Amazon and used the cable that shipped with the battery

Hello,
I'm new here and I'm from Germany, sorry for my not so good English. I have the new 300AH Battery from Felicity, unfortunately it doesn't communicate with my Victron Multiplus, so I wanted to look at the battery data via BMS monitoring, but unfortunately I don't get the EDMS program from Felicity. Could someone please send me the BMS monitoring program EDMS, Felicity doesn't want to give it to me.

I've done that several times, but they say that the com port and the computer cable are only for repairs and updates, which is what they do and that's why they don't release the program. And have not given to anyone else either.so I had hope that I could get it here and read out the data

Salam abdallah, can you providr us with the edms , felicity is refusing to send it although i bought 6 lpbf48400

I try to update the parameters for felicity battery but unfortunately it doesn't accept.
The password is as said before Felicity2021.
Anyone has an idea for solving it.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20230428_165815.jpg
    IMG_20230428_165815.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 30
Back