diy solar

diy solar

Finding chargers that don't overshoot!!!

fastline

Figured I would run a different thread here as I have identified concerns in several chargers that just do not limit the voltage in the topping stage. I recently used my old school 6A charger to top a few batteries and went to check the voltage as they finished up and were hitting 15.6V! I have seen this exact same issue with brand new "smart" chargers! FLA will tolerate some of this, but I doubt AGM will.

Anyone know of some decent bench and/or mountable chargers that are good? I know all my solar chargers get right down to business on this, but I find bench type chargers to mostly be BS! I ordered 2 Schumacher chargers a couple yrs ago and sent them back. Total junk.

So I guess I am looking for chargers that will do an honest voltage cap on bulking, and actually roll back to float like they should.

As for batteries, I have everything from 6V to 48V demands, but mostly in the 12-36V range is what I am looking at right now. Not as worried about the big amp chargers, just want to charge without killing a battery!

So I guess I am looking for chargers that will do an honest voltage cap on bulking, and actually roll back to float like they should.
You would have to adjust- it’s not auto- but if 10A is sufficient I’m am totally liking this from amazone:8EE0D1FD-BA03-4730-B33B-16679147EA41.jpeg
You can do 15.6 at 10A or turn it down to 13.2 or whatever
It’s not smart, but you are!

Back