diy solar

diy solar

Float charge for LiFePo

Ok thanks. I knew there had to be a reason. Surprising it can't be disabled.

I was thinking you were waiting for a BMS to arrive, maybe it was another thread? EPEver has LiFePo4 settings, you have to use the Control Settings -> LI Product menu option. Your settings seem low to me. BTW, do you have anything isolating the bus bars from a screw driver coming loose? Storing tools in the battery box isn't somthing that is advisable unless the bus bars are covered.

BTW, LiFePo4 batteries are not explosive. I question now matched those cells are and if they are new. You will need to let the pack charge to 14.2 and enable charge balancing on the BMS if you have that option.
Nope, I have several BMS. I saw the setting for lifepo in epever, for some reason I was thinking it was for a single 12v life battery. But those should work? The cells are used(I know, I know) I went with them because the seller had excellent ratings and the first 4 I bought were all very close in serial number so I assumed they were close in IR. I’m debating on tearing it down and putting them back in 4s and testing each pack for capacity. I’m also half tempted to say lesson learned and just buy new cells. I only issue I have is I just can’t buy what I’d like to have all at once. How do I get matched cells if I buy them over a period of time? Is this possible?

Ok thanks. I knew there had to be a reason. Surprising it can't be disabled.
Ya it’s annoying you can’t disable it. Even in the preset life settings on epever they have an equalization pre set. If the consensus is that’s bad for life, then why do they not let you disable it?

Sorry for asking but is there any reason you did not set the equalization voltage to 0 ?
Ya I mentioned that and I’m hoping that’s what my problem was. Why the hell that charger only lets you go to 3.3 is beyond me. I though about recalibration the imax b6 to a lower voltage to get around that but seems risky. I will try your settings though. Thank you

Nope, I have several BMS. I saw the setting for lifepo in epever, for some reason I was thinking it was for a single 12v life battery. But those should work? The cells are used(I know, I know) I went with them because the seller had excellent ratings and the first 4 I bought were all very close in serial number so I assumed they were close in IR. I’m debating on tearing it down and putting them back in 4s and testing each pack for capacity. I’m also half tempted to say lesson learned and just buy new cells. I only issue I have is I just can’t buy what I’d like to have all at once. How do I get matched cells if I buy them over a period of time? Is this possible?
It’s a Daly BMS w/o any Bluetooth features so

@Fallingaway I know now why I'm confused. Original Poster is MrNatural22. I'm not moderator but it is customary to create a new thread instead of piggy-backing on someone elses.. Some call it HiJacking. It confuses those trying to help and the OP may not get their problem solved.

If you bought those cells at different times or mix-matched used cells, the chances of them being the same IR are quick slim and might be the reason you are struggling with balancing them. It is probably a good idea to charge them individually to the voltage and then test the IR of the battery. (Voltage drop across a known resister). You may need an active balancer because most BMS's only charge in 2 modes, some 3. 1> While Charging 2> While static (no load not charging) and 3> while discharging. I have not seen #3 personally.

If you use something like this
It will be active once the cells reach 3.5v. This will move power from one cell to the other instead of generating heat through reisisters and wasting power.

@Fallingaway I know now why I'm confused. Original Poster is MrNatural22. I'm not moderator but it is customary to create a new thread instead of piggy-backing on someone elses.. Some call it HiJacking. It confuses those trying to help and the OP may not get their problem solved.
I agree. If you go back and look though my original question was on topic for this thread, I was trying to get a question answered regarding the float setting for epever. It’s just went off course....

Back