diy solar

diy solar

Fortune (Energetech) battery frames

wmills_92105

Having worked with these a bit now I am not really convinced they are worth yet.

• I just spent half an hour gluing them to the batteries because they are not attached when they arrive. I am not really happy with having to use hot glue for this.
  • Standard corage washers on the all thread extend beyond the edge of the battery. I am not sure whether I really need to use washers here but going up against the plastic I think I should.
This is definitely not the labour saver I really expected them to be.

Attachments

• 20210109_162702.jpg
    20210109_162702.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210109_162651.jpg
    20210109_162651.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210109_162645.jpg
    20210109_162645.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 18
The plastic cases are nice, but not a huge deal for me. What I like about the Fortune Cells are the great big terminal posts. I hate the tiny 6mm threaded holes on most of the aluminum case cells. I wish they came in larger capacity....

If anyone knows of other cells with hefty terminal posts.... please let me know.

The plastic cases are nice, but not a huge deal for me. What I like about the Fortune Cells are the great big terminal posts. I hate the tiny 6mm threaded holes on most of the aluminum case cells. I wish they came in larger capacity....

If anyone knows of other cells with hefty terminal posts.... please let me know.
Agreed.

I do like the top covers with the cabling runs. Just those to glue on top would be neat.

We'll see how this project works out.

My Fortune cells came with the brackets attached. 60Ah variety.

What I like about the Fortune Cells are the great big terminal posts.

I completely agree. Especially when I read threads about stripped threads, grub screws etc.

I actually used a DeWalt impact driver on my Fortune cells.

The famous Amy has mentioned offering welded on terminals at her new company FYI.

Hello!
Tucker with ECPC here, sorry to hear about the frames,
apparently there was a mix-up recently and the manufacturers sent out a batch of 60Ah Fortune cells with the wrong caps!
You shouldn't need to use hot glue.
We resolved the problem, and we would be happy to replace those for you.
Thanks and good luck!

Tucker
tucker.ecpc@gmail.com
Having worked with these a bit now I am not really convinced they are worth yet.

• I just spent half an hour gluing them to the batteries because they are not attached when they arrive. I am not really happy with having to use hot glue for this.
  • Standard corage washers on the all thread extend beyond the edge of the battery. I am not sure whether I really need to use washers here but going up against the plastic I think I should.
This is definitely not the labour saver I really expected them to be.

Back