diy solar

diy solar

Freezer monitors

EastTexCowboy

Solar Wizard
If you have solar there's a good chance you have one or more freezers on it. We have four with another to be delivered in a couple of weeks. We run a small beef operation which is part of the reason for so many, plus a lot of garden production, and I think my wife has a freezer obsession but don't quote me on that.

Anyway, we've had some of the cheap monitors from Amazon for a couple of years and they're really not very good. So considering the value of the food and meat in the freezers we broke down and spent the money for a SensorPush system with the gateway. Wow, what a difference. It was a little hassle to get them all communicating and you need a solid WiFi network for it to work right, but it was well worth the cost and effort. App on our phones, and a web based portal from the PC, email and text alerts, and some other features we don't use like the humidity monitoring. Unlimited sensors as well. I'm thinking about adding another sensor in the garage where the inverters and batteries live. I have a lot of faith in the mini split but you never know.

I know there has been discussion on monitoring various temps in the past. If anyone is looking for a solid solution for monitoring freezers, fridges, or just room temp, you can't go wrong with these.

You can do just the sensors without the gateway and connect to them via Bluetooth but the range makes that a non-starter for me.

Here's a screenshot. You can also click the graph tab and get all that good geeky data as well.

1688086524536.png

Back