diy solar

diy solar

Fronius inverter goes insane

Ptom

My Primo Fronius, 3.8 KW, showed a 308 error code, in pushing a random button, (in the field, no manual, no phone) this happened :
. And it kept happening for 10 minutes....., so I cycled the solar input, and it still continued. Then I shut the AC grid tie breaker off and back on, that brought it to it's senses.

Error 308 = Intermediate circuit over voltage (while exporting to grid). Inverter should have reset itself. can't explain the screen behaviour. I would be checking all AC connections very carefully. If it persists you might need to talk with Fronius.

Error 308 = Intermediate circuit over voltage (while exporting to grid). Inverter should have reset itself. can't explain the screen behaviour. I would be checking all AC connections very carefully. If it persists you might need to talk with Fronius.
All AC connections are good, not many of them as the inverter is mounted on the same pole as my utility meter base, 2' away maybe. I'm going to chalk it up to my utility, some sort of momentary glitch on their end perhaps, as to why the inverter made that somewhat confusing display, I have no idea. Hopefully it's a one time thing!

Back