diy solar

diy solar

Fusing Ecoflow DeltaPro with EG4 18Kpv Solar Systems: What Are Your Thoughts?

trdstarlet

Hello everyone!

I'm excited to share my latest project/crazy idea with you all – a fusion of two different solar systems aimed at enhancing energy efficiency and sustainability. Before delving into the details, let me provide a breakdown of the components of each system:

Ecoflow DeltaPro:

DeltaPro Inverter: Qty 2
DeltaPro Extra Battery: Qty 4 (21.6 kWh)
Solar Input: Canadian Solar 450W: Qty 8 (2s2p) @1233W for each inverter
Ecoflow Smart Home Panel (V1)
EG4 18Kpv:

Solar Input: Trina 545W Bifacial: Qty 20 (only using 10 in series) for a total of 4.5 kW+
Battery Storage: Qty 4 EG4-LL Battery (48V) 5.12 kWh for a server rack, with plans to expand to a full rack later this year
Currently, I have the Smart Home Panel (SHP) wired into my main panel, providing sufficient coverage for my daily consumption about 2/3 of the time. I recently acquired the EG4 3kW Off-Grid Inverter to charge the server rack batteries and subsequently the EcoFlow system due to its lower input requirements (150V, 15-16A each inverter). Now, with the addition of the EG4 18Kpv, I'm exploring new possibilities.

I'm particularly interested in integrating the 18Kpv before the Ecoflow SHP to leverage its greater capacity and capability. This setup would allow the 18Kpv to charge the Ecoflow system while simultaneously powering loads when solar energy is abundant. Additionally, it would enable me to designate critical loads to the SHP while running heavier loads such as HVAC and water pumps on the 18Kpv.

I'm eager to hear your thoughts on the potential benefits and challenges of this integration. Have you undertaken a similar project? What insights can you offer? Let's brainstorm and discuss together!

Looking forward to your input!

Hello everyone!

I'm excited to share my latest project/crazy idea with you all – a fusion of two different solar systems aimed at enhancing energy efficiency and sustainability. Before delving into the details, let me provide a breakdown of the components of each system:

Ecoflow DeltaPro:

DeltaPro Inverter: Qty 2
DeltaPro Extra Battery: Qty 4 (21.6 kWh)
Solar Input: Canadian Solar 450W: Qty 8 (2s2p) @1233W for each inverter
Ecoflow Smart Home Panel (V1)
EG4 18Kpv:

Solar Input: Trina 545W Bifacial: Qty 20 (only using 10 in series) for a total of 4.5 kW+
Battery Storage: Qty 4 EG4-LL Battery (48V) 5.12 kWh for a server rack, with plans to expand to a full rack later this year
Currently, I have the Smart Home Panel (SHP) wired into my main panel, providing sufficient coverage for my daily consumption about 2/3 of the time. I recently acquired the EG4 3kW Off-Grid Inverter to charge the server rack batteries and subsequently the EcoFlow system due to its lower input requirements (150V, 15-16A each inverter). Now, with the addition of the EG4 18Kpv, I'm exploring new possibilities.

I'm particularly interested in integrating the 18Kpv before the Ecoflow SHP to leverage its greater capacity and capability. This setup would allow the 18Kpv to charge the Ecoflow system while simultaneously powering loads when solar energy is abundant. Additionally, it would enable me to designate critical loads to the SHP while running heavier loads such as HVAC and water pumps on the 18Kpv.

I'm eager to hear your thoughts on the potential benefits and challenges of this integration. Have you undertaken a similar project? What insights can you offer? Let's brainstorm and discuss together!

Looking forward to your input!
I was thinking of a similar setup but using the smart home panel 2. I would recommend move to that panel since it is quite nice and still has smart relays but with option to use regular breakers as well. Now it depends on if you going off grid entirely or just part time to lower power bill. If you going completely off grid, one source (eg4) to consolidate solar power or want to utilize that 18pv to full capability I would wire before you main panel. If u just want another redundant power source u could backfeed your main panel WITH generator interlock with 50amp double pole which would supply the 12kw output to the main panel in case you loose power to the main panel, now in this setup your critical loads are still powered by the ecoflow just not the main panel. Below is what I posted on fb page about my planning and working thru my power setup.

"
All you system designers have a question for you. I'm thinking of using dpu + smart home panel 2 as a constant "BACKUP UPS" for critical loads like freezer, fridge, possibly AC etc. But thinking of adding the 12kw EG4 18pk hybrid inverter with exterior wall mount EG4 Batteries totalling about 28kwh wired into the smart home panel 2 on the generator side. The eg4 hybrid inverter would have the all the solar input and normally would power the smart home panel 2 with the critical loads in an "Extended power outage scenario". I would keep the smart home panel 2 interlock switch to grid 99% of time to make use of dpu quick UPS feature for critical loads. Or might it be better to wire the eg4 12k inverter into my main panel via interlock switch and double pole breaker and basically run off grid (meter breaker off) with the eg4 12k inverter + 28kwh batteries powering whole house and critical loads in the smart home panel 2 with dpu hooked up as redundant UPS for critical loads? Obviously the best way would be to wire the eg4 18pk right after my power meter powering my main 200amp panel and downstream the shp2 would be used as critical loads panel with the ability to isolate and power only the critical loads with dpu or dp3.

System sounds little redundant and been thinking too much about this. But trying I guess to wire a redundant power system not reliant on one company (ecoflow or eg4) I'm thinking wiring the eg4 12k inverter into main panel via interlock will more failsafe then wiring it into the generator inlet of the smart home panel 2, however wiring the eg4 into the generator outlet of the smart home panel 2 also has advantages.

Curious what you system designers think? It probably sounds way too unnecessary but just curious what system designers think of this setup?"

Following along with this. I managed to acquire 3 DPUs at a price that was hard to beat.

Building a house and trying to design a system that makes sense. Planning on connecting the solar to the 18kpv, and using that as the ‘main’ inverter, but want to make use of the DPUs - thinking the SHP2 adds a lot of value, while also providing flexibility to add batteries to either the EcoFlow side or EG4.

The plan is to leverage TOU plans.

diy solar

diy solar
Back