diy solar

diy solar

Gangfeng 280 Cells

Robby1773

I'm about ready to order these from 18650 store. They are grade b cells. Has anyone used these before? I was going to get some 280k batteries but was turned off about the capacity issues. They have eve cells for the same price but I think I'm going to run with these. Seems that I can't find much negative on these. I'm ordering a JK 200 amp 48v bms with active balance. My question is for a 6000 watt solar system are these going to work good and will the grade b bite in the butt later on? Also should I use a 300 or 400 amp fuse. I have a EG4 3000 watt inverter that I'm going to parallel when I get a new on. The amp draw is 80 amp but want to make sure on fuse.

Anything has risk however the seller has good reviews and I believe the CATL-305-B will do just fine. Active balancer will keep them lined up.
I would fuse at 200 with wire to match. No reason to go more with a 200 amp BMS and typical 80 to 125 amp draw. Still leaves room for surge performance.

As far as bite you in the but, just do your due diligence. Top Balance each cell prior to assembly, and then monitor individual cell performance with the BMS. A capacity test is nice, but if its a single battery of 15 cels, actual capacity won’t change the way its assembled and may not be worth a week of time.

Just curious
Why did you choose the calb batteries vs the catl or eve of similar size?

I am at the same decision point and I am having analysis paralysis :)

Just curious

I think the others are currently out of stock.

Just curious

They were a good price and could not find much bad on them. I've heard of CALB and CATL before I started down the solar path in researchingelectric cars. Lol. But eve seems to be a newer brand.

Anything has risk however the seller has good reviews and I believe the CATL-305-B will do just fine. Active balancer will keep them lined up.
I would fuse at 200 with wire to match. No reason to go more with a 200 amp BMS and typical 80 to 125 amp draw. Still leaves room for surge performance.
Thank you

I had to go with a slightly cheaper battery from 18650 store. Mis calculated my spread sheet. I ordered the GANFENG 280ah. $20 a battery less and still alot of power. I'll let yall know how it goes.

LoL. I am so struggling right now on which batteries to buy right now. It's like rolling dice. I ordered my bms today so I need to act soon ?

LoL. I am so struggling right now on which batteries to buy right now. It's like rolling dice. I ordered my bms today so I need to act soon ?
I was going to order from docan but they were way too pushy. I told them when I could order and they kept bothering me. The last message I got Lily called me a lier. I was done at that point.

I looked at good and bad store reviews. I know I wanted the quickly so stayed with us stock suppliers

I did too. My old get batteries are doing fine but they can't keep up. I'm ready for the new ones

I'm about ready to order these from 18650 store. They are grade b cells. Has anyone used these before? I was going to get some 280k batteries but was turned off about the capacity issues. They have eve cells for the same price but I think I'm going to run with these. Seems that I can't find much negative on these. I'm ordering a JK 200 amp 48v bms with active balance. My question is for a 6000 watt solar system are these going to work good and will the grade b bite in the butt later on? Also should I use a 300 or 400 amp fuse. I have a EG4 3000 watt inverter that I'm going to parallel when I get a new on. The amp draw is 80 amp but want to make sure on fuse.

18650 is a good reliable source and you are safe in case you get bad cells, but may have to return them but still doable vs sending back to China.

Yeah 280K is not a good deal for all the issues it has.

I was originally going to buy the 280k. However I have read so many negative comments concerning eve280 series it gave me pause

Eventually if enough people start complaining maybe we can get an official response from EVE.

Just curious

Because they were only 9 Eve 304ah 'b' cells left after I placed another order. ?

As far as bite you in the but, just do your due diligence. Top Balance each cell prior to assembly, and then monitor individual cell performance with the BMS. A capacity test is nice, but if its a single battery of 15 cels, actual capacity won’t change the way its assembled and may not be worth a week of time.
Why worry about top balancing when the bms can balance at 2 amps? Yes, if the cells are very far off, it's going to take it a bit to just throw all the cells together and wait on the bms, but with this much balancing power, it a top balance really necessary?

Back