diy solar

diy solar

Gangfeng 280 Cells

gotcha, thread title said 305...haha... cool, I wonder if they can square terminals like the rept cells for more area on these cells.

Solar assistant just put support in for JK BMS so you might need to update your installed version.

Finally did a capacity test on my ganfeng batteries. From full to empty they pulled 290ah. Not to shabby.
Just tried to buy a bunch of these st 18650 and they are basically out. Someone purchased a large amount right before I called lol. I ended up getting eve 230's. These will be better for me size wise anyway.

Just tried to buy a bunch of these st 18650 and they are basically out. Someone purchased a large amount right before I called lol. I ended up getting eve 230's. These will be better for me size wise anyway.
How many were you trying to get. I only took 16 of them lol ?

I think these Ganfeng 280s were the ones 18650 had listed as "restocking soon" for the last few weeks? They listed them as 'in stock' yesterday and I tried to order 8, but they said only 7 were available when I went to check out. I went back today and I was able to put 8 in the cart. Then I noticed they had dropped the price by $20. I bought my 8. Then I noticed they had dropped the rating on the listing to 270Ah.

I wonder if by 're-stocking' they were sorting through the ones they already had but that didn't test out above 280?

Got these delivered already, took about 3 or 4 days after ordering from 18650. They are marked 284, 282, 281, and 279.8 in one box. The other box just has "280AH" on the label and the cells' individual labels are all 280.5-280.8 except the fourth one is 280.2, has the foil thing in the center of the top deformed, and has fluid soaking the top. I'm guessing this is some sort of rupture? Haven't had any extreme temperatures around here since it was dropped off, the cardboard box looks normal on the outside, and the cells were all securely in their shipping foam with the fluid contained around this one cell.
LFPShipProb.jpg
They all show 3.28V except the 284Ah one reads 3.25V, as does the leaky one.

What date format does Ganfeng use? Would these be from 2018 or 2022?

Last edited:
Got these delivered already, took about 3 or 4 days after ordering from 18650. They are marked 284, 282, 281, and 279.8 in one box. The other box just has "280AH" on the label and the cells' individual labels are all 280.5-280.8 except the fourth one is 280.2, has the foil thing in the center of the top deformed, and has fluid soaking the top. I'm guessing this is some sort of rupture? Haven't had any extreme temperatures around here since it was dropped off, the cardboard box looks normal on the outside, and the cells were all securely in their shipping foam with the fluid contained around this one cell.
View attachment 149951
They all show 3.28V except the 284Ah one reads 3.25V, as does the leaky one.

What date format does Ganfeng use? Would these be from 2018 or 2022?
I have some of these cells also. Some are marked 22-10-18 and some 22-10-19, so I'm pretty sure its year, month, day.

Somebody from 18650 responded to me first thing Monday morning to tell me their tech support would contact me within the next 24-48 hours. Now 75+ hrs and counting...

Could someone here explain what that silver foil thing on top of the cell is?

Could someone here explain what that silver foil thing on top of the cell is?
That is where the electrolyte vents if it needs to. I had one do that and it did not hurt the cell. You will know if it vented, because of the smell of ether.

That is where the electrolyte vents if it needs to. I had one do that and it did not hurt the cell. You will know if it vented, because of the smell of ether.
Should the vent return to the 'sealed' look of the others when done venting?

I don't know if my brain is too frazzled or something right now, but I'm not finding the chemistry of LFP electrolyte with some quick searches. Hoping it is something more innocuous than sulfuric acid?

I was just contacted by 18650 and they are sending a replacement cell in response to my query...

Back