diy solar

diy solar

Gangfeng 280 Cells

Just an quick update on my ganfeng 280s. They are working amazing and have giving me no issues. I can't wait to save for another set. Indid some research on the brand and supposedly they are the supplier for eg4 and other server rack batteries.

Hey there! If you are considering a 6000 watt solar system. It's important to figure out how much energy you need and what your setup requires before choosing the right batteries. You'll want to think about your daily energy consumption, how long you want backup power for, and where you live. To figure out how much battery capacity you need, you can calculate it in amp-hours or kilowatt-hours based on your energy needs.

When it comes to fuse size, it's best to check the specifications and guidelines provided by the inverter manufacturer to make sure you're using the right one for your setup. Since your inverter has an 80 amp draw, it might be a good idea to use a fuse rated higher than that to handle startup surges and extra load.

For the safest and most efficient solar system, it's always a good idea to consult with a professional or an expert in the field. They can give you personalized advice based on your specific needs and equipment.

Should the vent return to the 'sealed' look of the others when done venting?

I don't know if my brain is too frazzled or something right now, but I'm not finding the chemistry of LFP electrolyte with some quick searches. Hoping it is something more innocuous than sulfuric acid?

I was just contacted by 18650 and they are sending a replacement cell in response to my query...
Finally had a reason to follow up on this. The Ganfeng MSDS has (proprietary) listed for the electrolyte, so guessing it is hexaflurophosphate as that seems to be a highly toxic substance a corporation would seek to hide information from consumers about. After a few weeks of mysteriously worsening lung problems and inflamed skin conditions, I went to move the defective cell I had been using as a door stop to see that it was leaking fluid actively. This is in an area where I often track in snow so I'm guessing I've been breathing low levels of some sort of flourine gas and/or carbon monoxide. Is it likely to be blowing out gasses if it is leaking fluid?

It wasn't enough to offer a detectable (to me) smell, but have had occasional eye burning episodes which seem to possibly be the gas eating away my corneas?

Back