diy solar

diy solar

Generac 2 wire start stop?

Did this work for you? I am looking to do the same thing in order to keep the transfer switch functioning as it should when the inverter turns on the generator. Everything else that I have read so far seems to indicate that a wire needs to be added to the J1 and J2 generator harness to control the start-up of the generator, but might then disable the automatic transfer function.
So far, no. I am having issues with the inverter starting and stopping the generator.

Out of the box Generac air cooled generators aren't wired for 2 wire start. See attachment for wire modification and programming.

Attachments

• 2 wire start instructions.pdf
    337.9 KB · Views: 12
Out of the box Generac air cooled generators aren't wired for 2 wire start. See attachment for wire modification and programming.
Thank you very much. I will send this to my electrician.
Thank you very much.

Any idea if the way he wired it is correct? Here is what he sent me.

I hooked the control wires from the inverter to the generator like this
At Inverter - Red to NC
- White to COM

At Gen - Red to 194 DC(+) 12vdc for transfer controls
- White to 23 - Transfer control signal wire

Is this the correct wiring for the inverter to trigger the generator when the solar system needs more power?

Thanks for your help.

Its a Generac 7500 watt PowerPac generator.

Thank you very much. I will send this to my electrician.

Thank you very much.

Any idea if the way he wired it is correct? Here is what he sent me.

I hooked the control wires from the inverter to the generator like this
At Inverter - Red to NC
- White to COM

Is this the correct wiring for the inverter to trigger the generator when the solar system needs more power?

Thanks for your help.

Its a Generac 7500 watt PowerPac generator.
Not correct on the Generac.

This is an output to an ATS, not an input.
The new wires from the 2 wire kit connect elsewhere on the Generac controller. The inverter relay contact connects to these wires.

The new wires from the 2 wire kit connect elsewhere on the Generac controller. The inverter relay contact connects to these wires.
Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

Good morning. This is what my electrician asked.

So here is the question.

We have an auto-start generator that takes a red power wire and a white signal wire to remote start.

Where do we plug them into the inverter?

Good morning. This is what my electrician asked.

So here is the question.

We have an auto-start generator that takes a red power wire and a white signal wire to remote start.

Where do we plug them into the inverter?
Were you able to get this Connected and working properly? If so please post the resolution. It looks like the 2 wire starter KIT is just a bunch of wires that are easy to make yourself but it would be good to know what to connect where. This is what the instructions say, but without seeing the board it's hard to figure out how complicated the operation really is....1699163560920.png

Were you able to get this Connected and working properly? If so please post the resolution. It looks like the 2 wire starter KIT is just a bunch of wires that are easy to make yourself but it would be good to know what to connect where. This is what the instructions say, but without seeing the board it's hard to figure out how complicated the operation really is....View attachment 176205
Good Morning. I appreciate your ideas. No, we haven't gone down to try and fix it yet. I am hoping to do this in the next week or so. I will keep you posted.

I don’t have the PowerPac yet but planning on getting it and have been researching
. Read in several other forms that you must buy the 2-wire start kit for it. One can be made but most people just bought the kit and toss out the transfer switch that comes with PowerPac and wire into the AC or Gen ports on inverter.

The one item that is not clear. Is the power output of the PowerPac as clean as the guardian standby. Not sure if these are traditional generators or inverter generators.

I have a 7.5 Generac generator, I’ve installed the two wires star kit. Using a 3000 W growatt inverter.
I have not been able to get it to run properly. It’s what I have so I need to make this work if possible.
They charges the batteries, no problems in manual mode, but I can’t get it into automatic so that it turns on when it hits the low-voltage threshold
Has anyone successfully set up at 7.5 Generac for a two wire start? If so, how did you do it?

Back