diy solar

diy solar

Generac Pwrcell add-on options

JoeSolar1

Hi all,

I bought a 5kw generac system from a local solar installer. I didn't know a lot other that my price was within the ball park. The salesman lied and omitted facts with pressure selling and gimmick bonus add-on. I know that now. Anyway, my system is too small. With 9.6 kW, you can only use about 80%-85% on any given day. By 22:00 each day, I am running off the grid. I am trying to take advantage of the new 30% ITC since it was up and running 2022.

1. Is it possible to add different battery to the system? lifepo4 battery pack?
2. Anyone tried to add Generac battery to the system easily? plug and play? what price point are you seeing?

Thank you for any inputs.

Joe

The new Generac AC coupled battery is pretty easy to add if you already have the transfer switch installed. We would need to see your existing single-line diagram to see how it is interconnected, before anyone could say if it can be made larger without revision.

The new Generac AC coupled battery is pretty easy to add if you already have the transfer switch installed. We would need to see your existing single-line diagram to see how it is interconnected, before anyone could say if it can be made larger without revision.
Hi ncsolarelectric,

I can maybe take some pictures but I definitely don't have a single-line diagram.

It's a firmware update right? what version are we looking for?
That I wouldn't know. I'm concerned about how it is interconnected. A line-side-tap is only limited by the fuses in the PV disconnect switch. A 120% rule breaker side interconnection is limited by the size of the busbar in the main panel. If you want to add-on to your system, this needs to be verified to make sure the system can be increased without overloading the interconnection.

Back