diy solar

diy solar

German made BMS?

Ten years ago I used an EMUS BMS which was made in Lithuania. It is still sold in US and is designed for the EV conversion market. Since then they have come out with a 16S version for the stationary storage market. It is priced similar to the Orion Jr.
If you had to hazard a Guess which BMS would you think is the all around best based on what we do here?

Disregard price. Money not a considerable on this.

You can use a contactor (large relay) for the starting load.

I am using a Batrium bms (from Australia), it (as well as Rec and I believe Orion) all use contactors instead of the FETs to stop the load.

I am using a Tyco EV200AAANA on my MotorHome house battery, I went with Batrium and the EV200AAANA, so if I needed to I could use my lithium battery to help start my big diesel engine.

You could use your standard bms to control the contactor- then the starter wires are connected to the contactor- that way you can run the full battery amps to the starter and not have them go through the bms.

Orion, Nuvation, REC, and Batrium is I think the nearly full list of fully unlocked contactor BMS that will let you pull full starting current.

There is also DIY BMS and some others in the EV world I don't know of probably.

800 CCA is to turn over an engine filled with molasses in Siberia. Under normal conditions the starter should draw considerably less.

When my engines are working correctly, they start in about one second. When they don't, or for mechanical fuel pump to fill the bowl ...

Back