diy solar

diy solar

Good open source BMS for 48v system?

Jeremiah

Solar Breakdancer
I searched the forums here a bit before posting; if this has been asked before and I missed, my bad.
Is there a nice BMS platform with open source code that supports 48v systems?
Ideally I'd like to be able to use it for 12v also, but I only want 1 BMS per system (so that nifty Electrodacus won't work for me as he doesn't have a 48v model unfortunately.)

Electrodacus SBMS and diyBMS are the only open source BMS' I'm familiar with. As you noted the former isn't available for 48v systems and the latter requires assembling yourself I think (not sure if its available in 48v or not).

Its a topic I'd like learn more about though (a place where two of my interests/values open source and solar/alt-e align).

Yes I found FoxBMS when I googled; I was initially biased against their website since the home page looks so weak.
I didn't realize it was a fully functional fairly mature design; thanks. Main board runs on 12-24v though.
I'll keep an eye on that project.
Regarding the DuckDuckgo search; the reason I asked in the forum *after* searching already was I want to know if anyone here can vouch for a "good" open source 48v solution.
Preferably one where the hardware is already available but the software is open source / flashable.
I am interested in building the hardware at some point; but not yet. My bad for the vague original post.
Thanks for the response mapguy and dzl (I will check out the DIYBMS you listed).

diy solar

diy solar
Back