diy solar

diy solar

Gotion LiFePO4 340AH damaged during the delivery

Thanks...
So, the general opinion is, that these are unusable anymore...
That would be a complicated process...Alibaba..UPS...already took 2 months to arrive...

I thought 340AH didn't exist either.
Well they do...but UPS did a really butchering job delivering it...10 out of 32 were struck at the corners...clearly throwing it round the shop...also they're fairly heavy...6.1-6.2kg a piece..

Well they do...but UPS did a really butchering job delivering it...10 out of 32 were struck at the corners...clearly throwing it round the shop...also they're fairly heavy...6.1-6.2kg a piece..
You’re basing that ”they do” on the result of your own capacity test, or simply the fact the seller listed them for sale as 340Ah? You’ve likely been sold 280Ah cells wrongly described as 340.

As others have said, you should be raising a claim without delay for a full refund via Ali and let the seller claim from UPs if they’re able to. Properly packed they shouldn’t dent like that whatever the carrier does to the box.

When these cells are properly packaged, it's almost impossible for them to be damaged unless the driver runs over them.

You’re basing that ”they do” on the result of your own capacity test, or simply the fact the seller listed them for sale as 340Ah? You’ve likely been sold 280Ah cells wrongly described as 340.

As others have said, you should be raising a claim without delay for a full refund via Ali and let the seller claim from UPs if they’re able to. Properly packed they shouldn’t dent like that whatever the carrier does to the box.
I think, you're right...
Any hint how to do it successfully?
I think the whole think is ruined now...

Besides...I am talking about these cells...https://www.gobelpower.com/gotion-340ah-lifepo4-lithium-battery-cell_p80.html
Could be they're fake...but they're listed on a variety of sites.
Haven't tested them myself as they've been damaged so no point until everything is sorted out properly.

Maybe Gotion makes larger capacity cells? Looking at Gobel Power's website, they do very clearly state the EVE cell differences - ESS vs HSEV (automotive) grades, and the "B" marking. Although, maybe they are doing that simply because EVE is forcing it, I don't know. But I (and probably many here) are most familiar with EVE and CATL cells. I've heard of LiShen too some here, GangFeng too a little bit, maybe BYD, but not Gotion.

Who knows.

Are 22 cells still undamaged? Capacity test those.

You could at least build up a 16S pack and have a bunch of spares, or build a 16S and a 4S for something else random and have a couple spares if something goes wrong. But hopefully where you got them from will replace the bad cells and/or refund you.

Maybe Gotion makes larger capacity cells? Looking at Gobel Power's website, they do very clearly state the EVE cell differences - ESS vs HSEV (automotive) grades, and the "B" marking. Although, maybe they are doing that simply because EVE is forcing it, I don't know. But I (and probably many here) are most familiar with EVE and CATL cells. I've heard of LiShen too some here, GangFeng too a little bit, maybe BYD, but not Gotion.

Who knows.

Are 22 cells still undamaged? Capacity test those.

You could at least build up a 16S pack and have a bunch of spares, or build a 16S and a 4S for something else random and have a couple spares if something goes wrong. But hopefully where you got them from will replace the bad cells and/or refund you.
This was my intention at the first stage, Seplos 16s 200A is on the way...actually two of them, so I thought of building one battery first and sit waiting for a replacement and then build the other one...or...just do the whole thing fly back where it comes from!
This was an intentionally based question at the beginning of this story...cause I couldn't believe my eyes what I've seen! Heh!
Ahh well...tough decision!
I know for a fact that VW rewards a contract to Gotion for building packs for them, so, this might be the fruit of that tree!

Back