diy solar

diy solar

GoWISE Power 2000W review?

TacomaJoe

Solar Enthusiast
I have more battery than I can eat and would like to install the GoWISE Power 2000W inverter from Will's list into my trailer. My big draw is a 900W microwave that takes 1350W at 120VAC to heat food. Just wondering if anyone has personal experience with one of them, or if someone has a better alternative unit.

What's the reference point?

What does the ad hype vs the manual say? Did you contact the Manufacturer for tech support to ask them?

What happens if this is a cheap high frequency inverter that cannot run the microwave or other future appliances or tools?

What is your budget?

Lots of suitable inverters out there but your provided info is pretty vague for a recommendation, though you may win the forum user lottery and happen upon 1 person with knowledgeable user experience with that specific make and model.

Giandel or Bestek as cheap inverters are often referred to by forum users. Many are just off brand clones and application info is vague or missing as is support.

Have you done a forum search yet? on this or other forum user recommended inverters that meet your mysterious budget and needs?

No responses, dang, looks like I need to use my own best judgement.
You need to provide more details as to your battery type, voltage, bms size, etc. Wire size from batt to inverter also critical. Is it pure sine inverter?

Adding some details. I have 2 ea 277Ah and 1 ea 280Ah DIY 12V LiFePo4 batterys running with JBD 150A BMS. Batteries are parallel connected to a bus with 2' chunks of 2AWG for positive and negative. I'm currently feeding a Samlex 600W inverter but it won't run the microwave. A Samlex 2000W inverter is running $830 with the GoWISE going for $360. My only need for the larger inverter is to run the microwave so I was leaning to the GoWISE dollar savings. Don't trust Amazon reviews as much as I do opinions here.

Your system is 12V. Assuming microwave usage at peak is 1350W(11.25A-120V). It will draw about 113A from your 12V battery.
It will work but again $360 vs. $830. GoWise may not work that long compare to Samlex (under frequent usage).
I have Gowise 12V-3000W pure sine inverter, but only running load for about 1500W max, in order to prolong its longevity. Ensure your cable is adequate (to and from batt/inverter). From the reviews, GoWise inverter does not like under size/rated cable. I use 2ft 3/0 wire; it may overkill, but its just me. So far, my Gowise is working fine.

I doubt it could reliably run your microwave. Most cheap HF inverters don't provide useful surge power. The advertised max surge power is likely only for a couple milliseconds. So, it's meaningless in general for running loads with high starting power requirement. You should ask the vendor what is the 5 or 10s surge power the inverter can provide.

My 1350W microwave fits into the 2000W rating so I'm not too concerned about the peak value. I will fabricate a couple of copper bars to fit the input terminals so there won't be much voltage drop. The microwave is usage is a 2 minute blast to heat a cup of coffee or bowl of soup so I shouldn't be taxing it too much.

So you value opinions here but you ignore them and don't answer our questions? So today, without even having the inverter, it's to use a microwave to warm a cup of coffee, then days, weeks, months from now you need to cook a meal for 10-20 minutes at full power ... Good you can predict and are prepared for your future.

Good luck.

I get some information about microwave. Microwave is an inductive load,its starting power is about 2 times of its rated power.For your 900W microwave , 2000W pure sine wave inverter is enough . If GOWISE 2000W is real power, it should run your microwave.If your budget is enough, it is recommended that you buy a 2500W pure sine wave inverter and leave some space more. Because the power of each microwave oven manufacturer has deviation,maybe peak power more than 2000W

I get some information about microwave. Microwave is an inductive load,its starting power is about 2 times of its rated power.For your 900W microwave , 2000W pure sine wave inverter is enough . If GOWISE 2000W is real power, it should run your microwave.If your budget is enough, it is recommended that you buy a 2500W pure sine wave inverter and leave some space more. Because the power of each microwave oven manufacturer has deviation,maybe peak power more than 2000W
Correct! in fact, I read some microwave brands won't even work with certain brand inverter. Perhaps due to its rated power.

Correct! in fact, I read some microwave brands won't even work with certain brand inverter. Perhaps due to its rated power.
Yes,Some are power inappropriate and some are incompatible. Many newly designed microwave ovens use new software, and many old inverters are incompatible. It is recommended to choose some new inverters.

It's alive! I tested the GoWISE 2000W inverter and it runs the microwave just fine. It was a temporary hook up using the supplied cables (only dropped about 0.5V and didn't heat up that I could feel). The plan is to fabricate some copper bars to connect to the inverter with bolts for my 3 battery connections and a bolt for my SCC.

It's alive! I tested the GoWISE 2000W inverter and it runs the microwave just fine. It was a temporary hook up using the supplied cables (only dropped about 0.5V and didn't heat up that I could feel). The plan is to fabricate some copper bars to connect to the inverter with bolts for my 3 battery connections and a bolt for my SCC.
The supplied cables are insufficient, you could damage your device or worst cables caught on fire. There are many incidents already. Good luck!

Successful boondocking trip with the inverter.

IMG_1013.JPGIMG_1014.JPG

I cut a buss bar in half to make extensions for the inverter terminals (no need the cheap cable they supplied). Ran the microwave just fine. It made 6kwh of energy during the 4 days. Still need to get it wired to my breaker panel.

Successful boondocking trip with the inverter.

View attachment 102910View attachment 102911

I cut a buss bar in half to make extensions for the inverter terminals (no need the cheap cable they supplied). Ran the microwave just fine. It made 6kwh of energy during the 4 days. Still need to get it wired to my breaker panel.
Just making sure the inverter ground terminal/cable not touching the negative buss bar. The pic shows kind of very close.

I cut a notch in the buss to clear the ground terminal. I was debating this one because I'm thinking that the panel ground buss is tied to the trailer frame as is the battery negative which would make the points at the same potential anyway.

Back