diy solar

diy solar

Grid tie hybrid inverter

elshera

Hi Folks I am new here.

I want to supply a bitcoin miner with a hybrid inverter. The required power is around 4KWh. For this I want to add PVs and a hybrid inverse so that the power provided to the miners looks like the following configuration:

1. no power at all is coming from Solar array. In such case all power comes from the grid.
2. solar array generates all necessary power. In this case inverter choses to supply the miner only from the solar array (clearly it must have priority.)
3. solar array does not generate enough, it is somewhere in between 0KWh and < 4KWh. Here the inverter must be smart enough to take whatever provided from the solar and only the remaining from the wall (grid).

I do not want to add Batteris to this system.

Can such system be build? What min size for both PV and inverter ? the miner needs 2 inputs at 230V.

Which inverter is recommended and can you give me a schematic....

Thanks a lot.

Sol-Ark can do it. Either in Grid Zero (no export to grid), or export excess to grid. I'm guessing the EG4 18k can also do it.

You can do it with cheaper systems and a small battery. Total cost would be less.

Thank you. My intention is not to export to the grid because I am in a place where selling back is not regulated and I would not be payed. will such inverters be smart enough to take as much as possible from the solar production and only what is missing from the grid ?

will such inverters be smart enough to take as much as possible from the solar production and only what is missing from the grid ?
Yes. That is what they are designed to do. The trick is finding one that can:
1) If off-grid inverter, one that can do it without batteries
2) If grid connected inverter, one that can do it without backfeeding the grid.

A system with batteries would be quite complex trying to supply 4KWh. Running on battery even for 3 hours would require at least a 12KWh battery. Apart the price, that would also need bigger solar array to charge it enough fast. Why would I need a battery for an off-grid inverter?

Back