diy solar

diy solar

"GRN Power" 24V 120/240 split phase from ebay, has anyone tried one?

jesse_c

So I found this thing, and the price is great considering that my use case is once every 2 years i'd like to be able to run my 240v domestic potable water well pump off solar and my 24v storage batteries for like, an afternoon, and want something smaller than the big open frame 'storm' generator i have now.
Not sure what size pump it is, but its a shallow well, and it's on a 20a 240v breaker.

Has anyone tried these things out? My first, second and third thoughts are "this is probably garbage and wouldn't make it through the first storm", but maybe someone has taken a chance?
1718054584409.png

6000W Low Frequency Split Phase
Pure Sine Wave Solar Power Inverter
DC 24V TO AC 220V & 110V 60Hz

It looks good "on paper". Surge rating seems to be plenty and it's heavy (~41lbs) which actually does mean something to me when it come to being able to start a well pump.

Your bigger challenge might the battery since most LFP batteries have a 100 AMP BMS on them.

Of course, when it comes backing up your well pump you really need get down to the exact surge and running amps.

1718624604224.png

Looks like a relabeled Power Jack. They do not have a good reputation. They also play fast and loose with ratings. Notice the 3000w continuous in the spec table versus the label of 6000w. This would mean that you only have 1500w per leg of 240vAC. This may not run the equipment you want to run if you think it was a true 6000w output.

diy solar

diy solar
Back