diy solar

diy solar

Ground to disconnect

Jécc

Hi .
So I’ve got a utility shed with inverter where the ground is connected to the neutral bar since it is bonded and first point of entry . I then get ac from inverter to a panel in the shed which distributes from there directly to the house .
I have to put a disconnect box on the exterior wall of the house which then leads to a panel inside the house .
My question Is : my ground is cut when it arrived at disconnect , should I plug it to the disconnect ground ( which seems to be on neutral bar) or should I just put a nut on it and go directly to the house panel which is then grounded to a ufer ?
Thank you

Here is the disconnect

Attachments

• IMG_1857.jpeg
    IMG_1857.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1858.jpeg
    IMG_1858.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 13
Please see pictures attached .
It’s 240v coming from shed where the bond between neutral and ground is already made . And I’m wondering where to place my ground in the disconnect ( pictures attached ) since I don’t think I should connect it to the neutral bar or maybe I should ?

You are correct. It should not be connected to the neutral bar. (N and G must be kept separate after the first means of disconnect) You need to get a separate ground bar and install it in the disconnect. And the grounds (incoming and outgoing) will connect to it.
Also, do not install the bonding screw in that parts bag.

Sounds like house panel is also bonded though.

If it is a you connect a ground wire either way it's gonna be carrying neutral current. Don't connect the ground at all is what I would do.

You are correct. It should not be connected to the neutral bar. (N and G must be kept separate after the first means of disconnect) You need to get a separate ground bar and install it in the disconnect. And the grounds (incoming and outgoing) will connect to it.
Also, do not install the bonding screw in that parts bag.
Thank you very much , that’s what I thought I should do . I’ll get a separate ground bar screw It to box and then connect my grounds to it .
No the house panel doesn’t have the neutral and ground bonded , it is connected to a ufer but that’s all .

Sounds like house panel is also bonded though.

If it is a you connect a ground wire either way it's gonna be carrying neutral current. Don't connect the ground at all is what I would do.
Really good advice . Thank you

Back