diy solar

diy solar

Grounding Question

Simpleone71

I've read the many grounding questions on the forum and my setup is either slightly different or I'm not sure I'm understanding it all correctly.

I have one main panel that provides power to my Victron Multiplus II. The grounding relay is enabled on the Victron MP2. I have my Victron MPPT connected on the grounding screw to my grounding bolt on the Victron MP2.

I am doing a 4 solar panels ground mounted setup. I have 8/2 MC from my MPPT to the solar panel array. Should I not use an 8 ft grounding rod by the solar panels to ground the array or should I use the ground wire in the 8/2 MC to ground the array back to the MPPT/Victron MP2?

I've read the many grounding questions on the forum and my setup is either slightly different or I'm not sure I'm understanding it all correctly.

I have one main panel that provides power to my Victron Multiplus II. The grounding relay is enabled on the Victron MP2. I have my Victron MPPT connected on the grounding screw to my grounding bolt on the Victron MP2.

I am doing a 4 solar panels ground mounted setup. I have 8/2 MC from my MPPT to the solar panel array. Should I not use an 8 ft grounding rod by the solar panels to ground the array or should I use the ground wire in the 8/2 MC to ground the array back to the MPPT/Victron MP2?

Array panel frames should be connected to the dwelling primary grounding system.

That is what I thought I understood.

Also, I have six Eg4 ll-s batteries in a 6 slot Eg4 cabinet. Should the cabinet frame also be grounded to the primary grounding system?

That is what I thought I understood.

Also, I have six Eg4 ll-s batteries in a 6 slot Eg4 cabinet. Should the cabinet frame also be grounded to the primary grounding system?
Grounding all exterior metal increases safety. Grounds are not intended to carry any current except in a fault condition. I prefer a single Anderson or Quick disconnect on the cabinet and door to cabinet.

diy solar

diy solar
Back