diy solar

diy solar

Grounding

aKO

I am building a mobile tubular steel rack for my Solar Equipment and Batteries , the back panel is now a 2mm sheet of steel and the MPPT , Inverter/Charger , and DC to DC Charger are mounted on it with Positive and Negative BusBars mounted on an insulated board lower down Behind where the batteries wil stand . I have a good Gound rod just outside the building and a cable from that to the Negative Busbar .

My question is , Do i have to ground the inevidual pieces of equipment to the steel they are mounted on and what else would i need to ground and if so how .

Any advice or pointers would be very welcome .
IMG_20231018_154527.jpg

Do i have to ground the inevidual pieces of equipment to the steel they are mounted on and what else would i need to ground and if so how .
I would ground-jumper the steel frame to the ground busbar.

The “ individual pieces of equipment“ should have an owners manual that describes how the manufacturer intended those to be grounded; typically, if a negative grounded chassis, the ground point location should be attached to the negative bus bar in accordance with the instructions for each individual piece of equipment

Back