diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 3000 battery settings?

chrisstratton

I’m doing an initial charge. I have a 24 V DIY battery. the Growatt all in one is set to the AGM battery type. In looking to change the Growatt battery type, when I attempt to set it to lithium it is not happy. I get a fault code LED. The Growatt instructions specify for the Li battery type that there is BMS communication. I believe that this is why it faults. I am guessing at BMS communication being the cause of the fault code, as I do not have a cable from my BMS on the UART port, and no Bluetooth dongle on the Growatt.If so, does this mean I have to define my own user type? If I do have to define my own battery type, does anyone have suggested settings? Thanks in advance. Chris

I’ve set item number five to US2, and set item 19 which is CV which I presume is charging voltage to 29. I’m guessing, but I think this is what Will refers to as absorption voltage. Oddly enough, the float voltage and charging voltage seem to be linked. The float voltage is in item 20. When you change either one, item 20 or item 19, the other changes to match it.I set theItem 21 which is COV, and I believe to be cut out voltage, 21.4.

I have Version 3.0 of this Growatt 3K. I don't believe it charges my AGMs per the mfgr specs.

My AGM battery charge/float Voltage specs are:
charge : 14.4 - 15.0, @ 2 in series that is 28.8 - 30
float : 13.5 - 13.8 @ 2 in series that is 27 - 27.6

There are five settings for program 05: AGM, USE, Fld, LI, US2

I have AGM batteries and set program 05 = AGM. I don't see any program numbers to identify or adjust what Voltages are being applied to maintain my AGMs.

Something gets lost in translating Charge/float to CC/CV. Does anyone know what the program numbers are for charge/float?

I have not observed any adherence to those specs; usually falling short of both specs.

I do see programs in the range of 43 - 48 dealing with equalization. I have tried, without success, to set these to force a periodic charge to 28.8V.

How can I take proper care of the AGMs?

Back