diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 48V 12000T Wiring Plan

Fahmula

I’m planing on installing 8kw of PV to my vacation/rental house in Jamaica. After doing some research it seems getting the growatt with possible another MPPT SCC would work best.

I came up with a wire plan I’d to get opinions on. The main service panel in the house is 100A so I’m thinking of making it the sub panel as I would be installing my solar equipment in the laundry room.

There is a junction box outside where I can access the wires between the meter and main panel in the house. What I’m thinking is to interrupt the two hot legs then route the meter side to a new breaker in the laundry room. Now for the ground and neutral, I’d do a two way split adding ground and neutral to the new panel unbound and keep the panel inthe house bounded.

For wiring the growatt, I’d add an 80A breaker with the two hot legs and ground going to the input side and neutral to the output of the unit from the new panel. The two hot from the output would now go back to the junction box and feed into the house.

My reasoning for doing it this way is that I don’t want to back feed the grid but want to be connected to the grid. To simplify my main concern, I left out the addition of a change over switch so I can bypass my solar equipment in case of a failure.

Would this be a safe way of adding solar to my house?

After some thoughts, I realized that doing the two split on the neutral wouldn’t work so I’ll have to interrupt it same as I did with the two hots.

Back