diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 6000 fried ??

Rico319

Hi Folks,

I have a major issue with my system and I'm hoping its just me...lol ... I have been running this system for almost a year with no major issues.
I have a growatt 6000 split phase with a rosen 10kw lithium battery.

Last night I decided to top off the battery a little with my generator as it didn't get much from the solar that day, and as I was out watering the garden I heard a beeping from the house so I ran in and as I opened the door it all went dark. So I shut the main power off on my panel and shut down the power on my inverter and battery thinking it will reset itself and back to work..... boy was I wrong!!

The battery was around 77 percent when it all happened, so I looked at the error logs last night online and all I can see is something from the 3 of Aug....

KQH1B1101NKQH1B1101NStorage2022-08-03 00:03:005101Fan lock(Fault)
KQH1B1101NKQH1B1101NStorage2022-08-03 00:03:005002Battery voltage low(Warning)1:Check battery voltage 2:If error message still exists,contact manufacturer.

I contacted Rosen last night, and I am still waiting to talk to the engineer on if the system can be reset.

So my question ... as you guessed is there a way to reset battery and inverter?

Thanks Rick.

Thanks Rick

What generator brand and model? What is max output wattage? How many amps were you pushing into the inverter?

Your battery should be 12kWh or larger for that inverter.

The generator is a Costco brand inverter generator 8000 watts, It charges through the inverter at 30 amps. Funny you say the inverter needs more battery.... I bought them both from Rosen with the BMS exactly for the inverter. They never said anything about not being enough battery. I have close to 5000 wats of solar as well.

So update from Rosen... I took the battery cover off... was no power on battery leads to inverter... but 48 volts on battery leads before bms...

I'm wondering if I could find a BMS locally for the Rosen Battery? Any ideas?

Bonjour,

je vous suggère de discuter de ce problème avec Gary de chez Rosen , le responsable technique.

il a surement une solution a vous proposer.

Oh they will replace the BMS.... for free plus 275 can for shipping.... what a ripoff...I paid 450 us to ship the battery and inverter..... something fishy...but they got me by the short hairs.

can u communicate with ur BMS? Is the BMS just in a protection mode maybe? You could try disconnecting the BMS and reconnecting again to see if that works, if you can access it & pull the plug on the balance leads.
Alternatively, there are plenty of BMS’s out there you could retrofit & probly have a better battery unit overall, I think the JK BMS’s are pretty good with a nice BT app, cool parameter settings, safety features & good active balancing For quick top balancing.

I’m assuming 100-150 amps maxes the battery pack out with 6000 watts of its a 48 volt system. Depending on the BMS, it could be tripped for overamperage. An 8000 watt generator has potential to push more amps than that and may have exceeded the BMS rating and shut off charging, which left running a load would lead to low volts.

If it is BMS tripped, and it seems like it from your description of low voltage after the BMS and good voltage before, a manual reset could be good; however, a lack of a manual puts you in a bind on how its done.

My much smaller system resets ina couple of ways. An overamperage BMS fault is reset by disconnecting the charging device and reconnecting it. A low battery voltage is reset by simply a normal solar charge cycle, but in some cases the manual says that it can be jump started by placing a 120 vac to DC converter to get enough voltage and amperage.

I’d do a good look at the battery pack to ensure proper BMS match. Nothing cosmic, just ensure it is lithium iron phosphate and not some other lithium type and that the cells are 3.2 volt cells set up 4 in series for volts, 8 in series for 24 volts, or 16 in series for 48 volts.

If you can look at the BMS you may even be able to purchase the one in there from a separate vendor for cheaper. Overkill is a popular BMS, but is rebranded from another manufacturer and still has the original manufacturer label with part number And specs.

Back