diy solar

diy solar

Growatt fault code 4

Traviss224

I got a fault code #4 today. Battery voltage 49.5 but AC output dropped to 229v instead 240v.

You have a problem with your communication cable/setup between the inverter and the battery.

Following, because I have a similar problem that just popped up on my LV2424 Hybrid inverter which is basically the same as your growatt.

So I spoke to Ian and he told me it was my batteries. However they're only a couple months old. I spoke to growatt and they told me to do a update on the unit.

Well I did the update alright.. here I am sitting in the dark and my unit won't power up. It has a red fault light and nothing else.

I had the same code on SPF 6000T during a cloudy couple of days, batteries (EG4 lifepower) were at 31% and indicated 52.1volts. my output was reduced to 229 also code 4 went away next day when the sun came out. no com issue fault code was present. perhaps output power was reduced to conserve battery?

So I spoke to Ian and he told me it was my batteries. However they're only a couple months old. I spoke to growatt and they told me to do a update on the unit.

Well I did the update alright.. here I am sitting in the dark and my unit won't power up. It has a red fault light and nothing else.
Welp, I'm not gonna do the update then. I don't see how there is any way that it's my battery since my BMS or shunt would tell me a low voltage... Hopefully we figure this out.

bummer, try power down everthing for short time and see if it will reboot. I have seen several others disconnet batterys and complete power down unit for a while and then restart successfully

I have tried that also. It's fu-barred.

It's weird. Its happened a few times with the code 4. I was running table saw once. It's a 6 kw system. Earlier today it showed as 20% power was being used but only 600 watts.. which would equal 3kw???? Right???

yesterday morning all we had running all night was the refrigerator. It was around 50v when we woke up to a code 4 error. The unit is screwed up I think.

Of course no customer service over the weekend. I'm going to try and reach out to Ian Tomorrow.

USE OR US2 I believe. I will know once I can get it power back up. What should it be on?

I have 8 6v crown 390ah batteries.

I have powdered it down for the night and we're staying in our camper.

Hopefully it will come back up tomorrow, I am using Lifep04, but I see there is a setting for FLd not sure if that will help you. USE would work if you set the other parameters as needed. I used FLA batteries for 20 years, Crown and Trojans, best thing I ever did was buy Lifep04 no more battery acid. However that growatt should run on 50 volts unless setting 21 is too high

Idk how I feel about lifepo yet lol..

21 is set to 47v. Crown recommended 45 or 46v which would be 50% capacity.

But that's another thing too. If it's set to 46v. Morning comes around, the unit is at 49-50v and it startes recharging again. Should it start charging again if it's not down to the 46v?

how are you charging? solar? or?

47 volts sounds good, should not disconnect at 50 v. my 6000T did not disconect with code 4, however I need to perform a calibration still to stop code 61

All I am still getting is the three lights on the front flashing. The screen itself isn't coming on either.

bummer, past my experience. hopefully watts24/7 or signature solar will help. unfortunate a firmware update gets you here. good luck! thanks for the update, I will continue to follow...

Ian has been excellent.. great guy!

Signature solar I have left vms weeks ago and no return.

I spoke to growatt themselves on Friday and they told me to do the update. I am thinking of going with a different brand.

Doing an update when unit 'thinks' it has a low battery is risky, not that they'd tell you..

In the world of cars it's procedure to hook up a battery charger to a car during a software update not just to make sure it doesn't fall below 12.0v or something like that, but to make sure it stays well above 13! Which to me is basically admitting that the writing process is 'unreliable' at normal voltages.

Even if the unit really isn't receiving low voltages, it would probably talk itself out of functioning if it happened to experience the code 4 fluke during a rewrite. ?

Also if it's a split phase unit the % it shows might be the percentage capability of the phase you're using when the other one has no activity? Just guessing there..

hope you find a good resolution!

Ian has been excellent.. great guy!

Signature solar I have left vms weeks ago and no return.

I spoke to growatt themselves on Friday and they told me to do the update. I am thinking of going with a different brand.
If you would DM me your email address and phone number I can have a technician get in touch with you today and see if we can help you out.

diy solar

diy solar
Back