diy solar

diy solar

Growatt inverter grid tied stuck in stand by mode

One thing to remember, most electricians don’t work with DC. When any of us gets outside our “normal “ zone we tend to miss more things. A person with an “instrument mechanic” background is more suited for this type of work, if you wanted to debate the type of training best suited for a person doing solar work.

@BentleyJ now that you have it working, I recommend getting solar assistant for much faster updates. the software is $55 or so and you can get a raspberry pi 3 for about $50 or less.

you can also get a meter for this for about $100. that shows how much grid you are using, how much you are exporting to/importing from the grid, etc.

@MajicDiver I will check this later today!

@BentleyJ now that you have it working, I recommend getting solar assistant for much faster updates. the software is $55 or so and you can get a raspberry pi 3 for about $50 or less.

you can also get a meter for this for about $100. that shows how much grid you are using, how much you are exporting to/importing from the grid, etc.
I'll definitely look into this. I have had an Engage meter on my main panel that shows my overall usage, so I don't think I'll need the additional meter, though it probably shows more detailed information. Going to check it all out. Thanks for the suggestion!

Back