diy solar

diy solar

Growatt inverter warranty

seafreeze

Haven't been on a forum before but I think people should know that I found it very difficult to find the process to claim warranty for a Growatt Inverter. I installed a SP5000 ES and while it functioned perfectly for 21 months, if failed at about midnight. The power went off and when I went to investigate there was a very audible intermittent cracking noise and distinctive smell in the shed where it is installed. I eventually found a site to inquire about warranty and was informed that the warranty is from the date the unit leaves Growatt not the Invoice date that it was sold by the supplier. So buyer beware!

Haven't been on a forum before but I think people should know that I found it very difficult to find the process to claim warranty for a Growatt Inverter. I installed a SP5000 ES and while it functioned perfectly for 21 months, if failed at about midnight. The power went off and when I went to investigate there was a very audible intermittent cracking noise and distinctive smell in the shed where it is installed. I eventually found a site to inquire about warranty and was informed that the warranty is from the date the unit leaves Growatt not the Invoice date that it was sold by the supplier. So buyer beware!
I thought it was a 5 yr. Warranty. Are you saying it was a new 3 year old unit when you bought it?

That’s ridiculous! Thanks for bringing that info to light. I was just looking at Growatt products to purchase. Glad I saw this and I hope they have a heart and take care of you.

Good luck

I bought it new 21 months ago. The warranty is 2 years but the two years starts when it leaves Growatt so the supplier may have had it in stock for months!!
Would you mind giving us an update? So, have they denied by all means or are you still trying to have it covered? Do you happen to know what failed?

Yes please inform the community of your progress, If not a concern please let everyone know where it was purchased. If it was a reputable supplier they should support your claim.

Growatt has NO follow up of any repair/warranty issues.
Experienced this myself.
Stay clear of the brand if you want the security of a warranty.

Hi U all Growatt users, as myself, now 3 years.. If your Off Grid using, my experience is 2 years , first hand.. experience.. On Grid systems are 5 yrs.
Also as a few mentions about Warranty and Support.. Here's what I have learned and experienced..
A. If you purchased from an Authorized Representive Growatt Dealer, you will get support for and with the unit.. If you move to another country from say USA and if you purchased a unit directly from China Dealer or Australia Dealer the they will back you up..the Growatt Support structure is set up on Corporate Rules.. I know this First hand.. as I have had to play with USA, Australia and China..
B. If you buy a Growatt from some unauthorized Non Dealer Representive because of better pricing.. then most likely your SOL
C. As for the Growatt Product in my experience, hard to find a better one.. But that also depends on what your applications is.. I am Totally off Grid using a SPF6000T-DVM split phase.. There are others, but I also have heard same complaints of poor service support from compeditors.
It all depends , Who , What, When and Where

Back