diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 5000 ES

gringobob

Hey will watched your video on this inverter, i was stupid enough to buy this before i seen your video.
I took your recommendation and bought an mpp LV 6548V it lasted 8 days!
Wrote mpp solar about my dead inverter, I'll post their reply
On Mon, Sep 11, 2023 at 10:01 PM Angus L. MPP Solar Inc. <angus.lin@mppsolar.com> wrote:

Hi Bob,
We have confirmed that the Mainboard is damaged.
Warranty coverage has been confirmed for this part.
Replacement Part:
l LV6548V MB*1
As per the standard policy, the buyer has to pay postage to receive the RMA parts.
https://www.mppsolar.com/v3/customer-support/
If you’d like to process the RMA, please provide us with your full address and contact number to confirm the postage, and I’ll send a PayPal invoice to you.

Now no response to my emails, expensive inverter to have just sitting doing nothing.
Since I'm off-grid had to buy another for backup, bought another mpp solar inverter.
I'll post my latest email to them hoping to get some response from them.
On Mon, Sep 11, 2023 at 10:01 PM Angus L. MPP Solar Inc. <angus.lin@mppsolar.com> wrote:

Hi Bob,
We have confirmed that the Mainboard is damaged.
Warranty coverage has been confirmed for this part.
Replacement Part:
l LV6548V MB*1
As per the standard policy, the buyer has to pay postage to receive the RMA parts.
https://www.mppsolar.com/v3/customer-support/
If you’d like to process the RMA, please provide us with your full address and contact number to confirm the postage, and I’ll send a PayPal invoice to you.

Ok, I get it you don't want to cover the warranty!
I'm old, retired, living on a pension.
Can't afford to buy another new inverter, by the same token can't leave a new inverter just lying on the floor, which i only got 8 days use from!
Right from the beginning had a series of little problems with that inverter that i didn't pay much attention too. Wow was i stupid.
Ok so how much you going to charge me for a new mainboard?
The second inverter i bought from you PIP-LV-MK 3KW, since I'm accustom to your service,
I videotaped everything, from me opening the new box to installing it, to the 01 warning code, to a close up of the fan not working the very day i received it!
Also of me opening the inverter, breaking your seal,(no doubt warranty void)
But seems your warranty is worthless anyways, also of me fixing it, reinstalling and everything working fine. Checked my email account over 50 emails to mpp solar still no help?
I filled out the RMA form and send it to you.
I've already used the little inverter for twice as long as LV6548V it works well, but like i said had to repair it myself, most likely voiding the warranty.
I get my check at the end of the month, let me know the cost of a new mainboard, I can go without eating every day, long as i got enough money that i can feed my dog!
Video of your excellent support and warranty coming soon.

I don't remember Will ever doing a video on the Growatt SPF-5000-ES.
Do you have a link?

Back