diy solar

diy solar

Growatt spf 5000 es bricked

lovindn

hi guys. i tried to upgrade the sw today and i bricked the inverter. now the display is turned off and the 3 led above are blinking.anyone can help please?

Had similar issue with 3000SPF long time ago. Try re-flashing it. Mine worked on 2nd or 3rd attempt and the inverter came back to life.

tried a lot of times with different bin files also(got them from different post) but nothing. could it be because of the battery(2% atm)?

what if i will use a lead battery to make it work again? it wont work on 12v battery i guess

what if i will use a lead battery to make it work again? it wont work on 12v battery i guess
Not for a 48v inverter.

Worse case you might try it with the battery disconnected completely since its not working connected.

Does it give an error during the firmware update?

I don't know how old your model is but I found this covering older models :

The poster in that says :

Posted August 4, 2022(edited)
Hi just a warning don't flash the SPF 5000 ES with the latest firmware as the chip and board has changed on the the newer model...which has the latest update July 22 for it.older models the firmware version number s start with
40. .....41. .
the newer inverter model starts with 61 or 67 that's how you tell the difference.
for the old versions like mine there is only a febuary 2022 firmware update.
I take no responsibility for the updates and / or failure. you do it out of your own volition and accept the consequences (bricking) of a failed update!
if it's not broke don't fix it is best policy.

Here is the link to the files he is providing :

I'm attaching the firmware he is referencing as being for the old inverters. I don't know if its safe or not its just what he provided in that link.

Attachments

• Growatt SPF 5000_es-firmware_2022-07-27_1643.zip-20231109T094727Z-001.zip
    2 MB · Views: 5
Not for a 48v inverter.

Worse case you might try it with the battery disconnected completely since its not working connected.

Does it give an error during the firmware update?
there is no error. the display is completely black and the 3 light above are blinking

I don't know how old your model is but I found this covering older models :

The poster in that says :

Posted August 4, 2022(edited)
Hi just a warning don't flash the SPF 5000 ES with the latest firmware as the chip and board has changed on the the newer model...which has the latest update July 22 for it.older models the firmware version number s start with
40. .....41. .
the newer inverter model starts with 61 or 67 that's how you tell the difference.
for the old versions like mine there is only a febuary 2022 firmware update.
I take no responsibility for the updates and / or failure. you do it out of your own volition and accept the consequences (bricking) of a failed update!
if it's not broke don't fix it is best policy.

Here is the link to the files he is providing :

I'm attaching the firmware he is referencing as being for the old inverters. I don't know if its safe or not its just what he provided in that link.
i flashed it but is the same

Sorry to hear that. I'll look again tonight and see if I can find anything else about it.

Sorry to hear that. I'll look again tonight and see if I can find anything else about it.
. how can i figure out about the software that it was on it? the inverter is completely stuck, bricked. there is no way to restart it. is there a label or a chip that could help me to figure out about the software that it needs?

No real luck finding anymore info besides this thread on the forum here. Try this and see if it helps :

hi again.
Whatsapp Amos in China
+8613267189226
xing.yang@growatt.com
I did contact xian on whatsapp and he was very quick and advise me to change the control board. he said: if you tried the wrong upgrade(wrong software) you probably burn your control board. it wasn't true. i only download all the upgrade on the web 040and 041 which i flashed with but didn.t worked and i tried to flash with 067 and068. all good now it start working like dream. BANG ON. now the fan s not noisy and looks good.

@lovindn - Great that you got the right firmware.

For anyone else reading this ... post a pic of your silver sticker with the model and version data, and (if you can) the current firmware numbers (from the LCD screen) and we might be able to point you in the right direction for the correct FW

for all out there with issues: you need to flash the correct firmware files for your model. The only indicator for the right firmware file is the firmware version on your device for end users/customers by today. Growatt might have more details but the label on the side of the inverter is not related to the firmware at all.

Before you flash try to indicate what kind of version you have. there are three hardware version out there for the SPF series and you can check this on unbricked devices by checking the present firmware first via the display on the inverter.

If the firmware starts with 04 this is hardware version 1
if the firmware starts with 06 this is hardware version 2
and if the firmware starts with 11 this is the latest version. (2024)

When you flash a firmware to the devices make sure you have the correct firmware files available for your specific version.

Back