diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SP2000 and PS 5120E communication error

SolarPowerUser2022

Hello,

perhaps someone can help me. I bought the following Chinese LiFePO4 battery PS 5120E and I have the inverter Growatt SP2000. Currently, I get the following error in Growatt: "BMS COM fault". I did some research and I looked into the battery manual. The LAN cable is connected to the RS485 RJ45 port of Growatt and the other end is connected to the first RJ45 port of the RS485 section at the battery. At least this makes sense to me when I look at the table in the manual of the battery, where even the illustration seems to be wrong (there is no upside down RJ45 port):

batterie_connection1.png

This port seems to be the correct RS485 port and it's pins seems to be like this (the upside down illustration is wrong):

1 - RS485B 2

2 - RS485A 2

3 - GND

4 - NC

5 - NC

6 - GND

7- RS485A 2

8 - RS485B 2

batterie_connection2.jpg

I have seen here, that Growatt uses typically the last pin of a RJ45 port for RS485B and the before last pin for RS485A. That means that a "standard" LAN cable should work with the selected RJ45 port on the battery which seems to have mirrored the PINs. In the Growatt SP2000 manual they use a "standard" LAN cable for the battery connection.

Because of frustration I even tried the other RJ45 ports on the battery. No success.

Perhaps you guys have an idea what I could try next?

Thank you and best regards!

I think the SP2000 might be looking for a Growatt BMS . They seem to have their own custom lingo on growatts.

If you change the SP2000 into lead acid mode though you should be able to charge / discharge with a 'foreign' bms .

Hello,

perhaps someone can help me. I bought the following Chinese LiFePO4 battery PS 5120E and I have the inverter Growatt SP2000. Currently, I get the following error in Growatt: "BMS COM fault". I did some research and I looked into the battery manual. The LAN cable is connected to the RS485 RJ45 port of Growatt and the other end is connected to the first RJ45 port of the RS485 section at the battery. At least this makes sense to me when I look at the table in the manual of the battery, where even the illustration seems to be wrong (there is no upside down RJ45 port):

View attachment 108948

This port seems to be the correct RS485 port and it's pins seems to be like this (the upside down illustration is wrong):

1 - RS485B 2

2 - RS485A 2

3 - GND

4 - NC

5 - NC

6 - GND

7- RS485A 2

8 - RS485B 2

View attachment 108949

I have seen here, that Growatt uses typically the last pin of a RJ45 port for RS485B and the before last pin for RS485A. That means that a "standard" LAN cable should work with the selected RJ45 port on the battery which seems to have mirrored the PINs. In the Growatt SP2000 manual they use a "standard" LAN cable for the battery connection.

Because of frustration I even tried the other RJ45 ports on the battery. No success.

Perhaps you guys have an idea what I could try next?

Thank you and best regards!
If you can and manage to get into the settings of the sp-2000 on the last tab where you change it to lead acid option I noticed there are three other battery options which say supplier 1, 2 or 3 which might work for a different battery... worth a try maybe !

If you change the SP2000 into lead acid mode though you should be able to charge / discharge with a 'foreign' bms .
Hi I am trying to change the battery type on a SP1000 to Lead Acid, but it fails to change it any advice would be useful, I am using Shinebus version 200604, it is set to Lithium Ion. I can connect read the settings, another question, what is the Mode setting and is there a breakdown of the letters?

Aktualnie próbuję połączyć GroWatt GBLI5001 z SPF 5000 ES, mam też SP2000 więc mógłbym poeksperymentować. Przecinając kolejne przewody w komunikacji okazało się, że błąd BMS pojawia się po przecięciu 4 i 5 (przy podłączeniu 5001 i SP2000), więc tam powinien być sygnał! Mam kontakt z serwisem Growatt i próbuję dowiedzieć się, jak urządzenia tej samej firmy mogą ze sobą współpracować. Jeszcze nie wiedzą. Eksperymentuję z podłączaniem przewodów, gdy podłączam przewody 4,5 w akumulatorze i 7,8 w SPF 5000 ES, zielona lampka w akumulatorze nie gaśnie, co prawdopodobnie oznacza, że może to być dobry pomysł. ale nie wiem jaki protokół będzie OK w ustawieniach LI.
Może ktoś próbował?
Przepraszam za gramatykę, ale używam Goodle Translator ;)

diy solar

diy solar
Back