diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 5000 ES ghost error code 07

JackDIY

I have a Growatt SPF 5000 ES that has been running for about five months without any problems. However, a few days ago, I received an error code 07 (overload indication) on my mobile app during a normal sunny day and when the house was empty (meaning an overload was not possible).

To make a long story short, I have identified the following problem:

- When the inverter is plugged into the grid AC input (230V 50Hz), the error code 07 (overload) pops up every 5-6 seconds with a 250%-300% overload indication on the screen, and then goes back to 5%-10% load. It's important to note that the overload is not realistic. No appliances are running during this testing period, and the real output is around 250W.

- When I unplug the inverter from the grid AC input (running on battery power or PV power), there is no error code 07 and everything runs smoothly.

Anyone experienced this or similar problem before? Any suggestions?

Thank you for reading and suggestions, and all the best in the New Year! :)

Jack what firmware version are you on?
I have version 05 running atm. on mine.

Is this in SUB mode?
It could be a voltage sag on the grid.
Yes, it’s in SUB mode. I’m not familiar with connection between a voltage sag on the input side and overload on the output side. How are those parameters connected? Thanks for your reply!

Yes, it’s in SUB mode. I’m not familiar with connection between a voltage sag on the input side and overload on the output side. How are those parameters connected? Thanks for your reply!
In SUB mode the inverter is synced to the input AC.
When voltage drops, amperage goes up. If it lasts long enough (maybe 20 microseconds), the transfer relay should release. But, it may not last that long. So, it shows as a momentary overload.
This is just a theory. But, it would explain what is happening. Can you check the other modes?

In SUB mode the inverter is synced to the input AC.
When voltage drops, amperage goes up. If it lasts long enough (maybe 20 microseconds), the transfer relay should release. But, it may not last that long. So, it shows as a momentary overload.
This is just a theory. But, it would explain what is happening. Can you check the other modes?
Thanks for the explanation! In the other modes it’s ok, as long as battery or solar are actual power source. However, this is not a solution because my primary mode is SUB, which I have to use. In my opinion, the main problem is in the bypass itself and the parameters that the inverter provides at the output or the connection with the load reading. I will probably leave it like this until I determine what the problem is, device is running normally except this error code 7 on the screen. Beeping to “off” and problem is temporary solved :)

Thanks for the explanation! In the other modes it’s ok, as long as battery or solar are actual power source. However, this is not a solution because my primary mode is SUB, which I have to use. In my opinion, the main problem is in the bypass itself and the parameters that the inverter provides at the output or the connection with the load reading. I will probably leave it like this until I determine what the problem is, device is running normally except this error code 7 on the screen. Beeping to “off” and problem is temporary solved :)
Does any one know the latest firmware? Mine shows 040.06/01.06/null.

Kind Regards.

Careful smokes easily

Careful smokes easily
Thanks for the suggestion, Rho.

Interestingly, I changed the battery charging option to not only solar but also from the grid, and error code 7 no longer appeared. When I change to solar-only charging - the error returns. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the suggestion, Rho.

Interestingly, I changed the battery charging option to not only solar but also from the grid, and error code 7 no longer appeared. When I change to solar-only charging - the error returns. :rolleyes:
I finally took mine off the grid. It works great now. I installed transfer switch. In morning turn grid off. Afternoon turn solar off grid on. Works great. Before to isolate the lines and the nuetral on the transfer switch. Nuetral on transfer is a must. All 3 wires are.

I do not think the transfer in unit is accurate and or strong enough or reliable.

Back