diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 5000 inverters in parallel, loaded only one and wrongly measured output voltage of one.

edibg

Hi boys and girls,

I have very strange voltage and load issue with one of the two parallel single phase Growatt SPF 5000 inverters.

This morning I noticed that Inverter 1(called Postroika in the graphs ) is always supplying alone the whole house, while the second inverter (called Pokriv) is only charging the battery and do not supply any power to the house. In same time the output voltage, measured at both inverters outputs was 198, while it was set for 230V/50Hz. There was no voltage difference between the 2 inverter L phase outputs. Inverter 1(Postroika) shows correct measured voltage on its screen(198V) while the 2nd one (Pokriv) shows 229V without any load.

I performed reset of the system for 5 min(no battery power, no main power, no solar power) after powering on I set the output voltage to 235V in stenby mode then switch on both inverters. The suspected faulty inverter (Porkiv) shows output voltage of 265V with 0.4% output load. Meanwhile the 1st invertor (Postroika) shows correct voltage and power the house by itself.

I am attaching few side graphs. When the 2nd inverter stops reading correct output voltage it stops powering the house. When I go back trough the online logs this issue appeared first on 25 SEP.

Measured all connections, cables - everything is fine. I hit few times the faulty inverter and that seems to fix the issue for now - which makes me to beleve that I may suffering for bad solder joint or similar. Luckily the inverters are still in warranty, but unfortunately the company that I took them from is not so cooperative.

So my questions is - does someone has a problem with the output voltage measurement of those inverters and is there a fix for this one ?
Can someone advise how and where is the output voltage measured in those devices - I mean with picture and simple circuit explanation - I have to say that I am experience in low voltage electronics devices, programming and developing primarily digital circuits, but never have experience with such high power inverters.

Attachments

• PV_power_07_OCT.png
    PV_power_07_OCT.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 2
  • PV_power_08OCT.png
    PV_power_08OCT.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 1
  • output_voltage_8OCT.png
    output_voltage_8OCT.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Output_voltage_7OCT.png
    Output_voltage_7OCT.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Output_Power_8OCT.png
    Output_Power_8OCT.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Output_Power_7OCT.png
    Output_Power_7OCT.png
    82 KB · Views: 2
Hi all,

I think I found the problem. The issue was coming and going randomly, knocking on the inverter side was helping, but only for short period of time.

I open the inverter and when I touch/move slightly the highlighted PCB the inverter was switching on and start powering the load. This PCB I think is some kind of digital control board and what I did is partially unscrew its mounting bolts, took the PCB in/out of its connecting socket and then mounting it firmly back.

For now the issue was solved, may be it turn out to be some kind of bad connection of this PCB to the main board at the back of the inverter.

1698836171314.png

Back