diy solar

diy solar

growatt spf 6000 es plus oversizing of the panels

Ilbed

andrea
Greetings to all from Italy. I had the opportunity to buy a pallet. From 36pcs of Sunket STK 385-410M10 All Black Solar Panels at 70 USD each
As an inverter I have a growatt spf 6000 es plus. I wanted to do an oversizing of the panels. To have excellent efficiency. With cloudy weather and during the winter. Can anyone tell me how many panels I can install? For good oversizing. And how do I connect them. Series, parallel. Mixed parallel series.
I enter the data of the panel. And the inverter. If there is anyone who can help me, I thank him from the bottom of my heart. I apologize in advance for my bad English. I use Google translate hello from italy

Module Type Stk410M10

Maximum Power- Pmax(W) 410

Open Circuit Voltage - Voc(V) 37.32

Short- Circuit Current - Isc(A)13.95

Voltage at Pmax -Vmp(V) 31.45

Current at Pmax - Imp(A) 13.04

Module Efficiency -ηm(%) 21.0

I dress in Veneto altitude 9 meters minimum tempera - 10 very rarely

Inverter growatt spf 6000 es plus

1707295520671.jpeg

1707295568784.jpeg

1707295606578.jpeg

Last edited:
Max PV Input is 8000 watts. You have 14,760 watts of panels, or about 175%. You can overpanel as much as you want, but the inverter will only "take" 8000 watts.

VOC is 37.32, with max voltage of 500v, which implies about 12 panels max in series.
100a max, with each panel producing about 13.25 amps at 410 watts, so that is about 7 strings combined.

There are 2 MPPT's on the inverter, so you can have 2 differently sized strings, or different shading.

Assuming they are all the same sun exposure/shading, then you can have 3 strings of 12 panels in series, or 4 strings of 9 panels, or 2 strings of 8 (combined) plus 2 strings of 10 (combined), etc.

Max PV Input is 8000 watts. You have 14,760 watts of panels, or about 175%. You can overpanel as much as you want, but the inverter will only "take" 8000 watts.

VOC is 37.32, with max voltage of 500v, which implies about 12 panels max in series.
100a max, with each panel producing about 13.25 amps at 410 watts, so that is about 7 strings combined.

There are 2 MPPT's on the inverter, so you can have 2 differently sized strings, or different shading.

Assuming they are all the same sun exposure/shading, then you can have 3 strings of 12 panels in series, or 4 strings of 9 panels, or 2 strings of 8 (combined) plus 2 strings of 10 (combined), etc.

Thanks for answering me. If I understood correctly, I can install 12 mppt + 12 mppt panels in series for a single mppt.
Or 9+9 mppt 9+9 mppt for single mppt? How to connect them? In series? Mixed parallel series?

I lose a lot of power from the inverter cutting. but I should have the advantage of having a wider production curve. It should improve even with cloudy weather and in winter.

Thanks for answering me. If I understood correctly, I can install 12 mppt + 12 mppt panels in series for a single mppt.
Or 9+9 mppt 9+9 mppt for single mppt? How to connect them? In series? Mixed parallel series?
12 panels in series is String 1. Another 12 panels in series is String 2. String 1 and String 2 are then paralleled in a combiner box to Solar Line 1. Solar Line 1 is connected to MPPT 1. A third string of 12 panels in series is connected to Solar Line 2. Solar Line 2 is connected to MPPT 2.

Or

9 panels in series is String 1. Another 9 panels in series is String 2. String 1 and String 2 are then paralleled in a combiner box to Solar Line 1. Solar Line 1 is connected to MPPT 1. A third set of 9 panels in series is String 3. A fourth set of 9 panels in series is String 4. String 3 and String 4 are then paralleled in a combiner box to Solar Line 2. Solar Line 2 is connected to MPPT 2.

Or

8 panels in series is String 1. Another 8 panels in series is String 2. String 1 and String 2 are then paralleled in a combiner box to Solar Line 1. Solar Line 1 is connected to MPPT 1. A set of 10 panels in series is String 3. Another set of 10 panels in series is String 4. String 3 and String 4 are then paralleled in a combiner box to Solar Line 2. Solar Line 2 is connected to MPPT 2.

Or ....

When you combine strings (like String 1 and String 2) into Solar Line, the panels on the strings should be identical - They all light at the same time, face the same direction, no special shading issues, etc.

the panels have TGO4A optimizers. They are in a position. with a shadow that falls as the sun rises. Can go??? thank you very much.if you give me a paypal email. I'll gladly buy you a coffee

Be careful when paralleling stings with Optimizers. The optimizer will vary the voltage of the panel to optimize production. That means that string 1 may have a different voltage than string 2. Combining different voltage strings may be a problem.

Prestare attenzione quando si mettono in parallelo le punture con gli ottimizzatori. L'ottimizzatore varierà la tensione del pannello per ottimizzare la produzione. Ciò significa che la stringa 1 potrebbe avere una tensione diversa rispetto alla stringa 2. La combinazione di stringhe di tensione diverse può essere un problema.
Ciao, cercherò di spiegartelo nel dettaglio. Cosa mi piacerebbe fare. Avevo una recinzione alta 90 metri e alta 3 metri. All'inizio avevo una struttura molto robusta come questa...... Dopo 20 anni senza manutenzione e forti temporali e diventa così. Ora è il momento di risolvere il problema. Il costo del restauro è superiore al costo del materiale fotovoltaico
recinzione.jpg
situazione attuale.jpg

Dopo aver letto uno studio olandese sull'installazione di pannelli verticali.

pannelli verticali.jpg

this is a photo as an example of installation that the Sunket panel company where I got the panels sent me
kjhggg.jpg

Ho fatto un po' di test. E da inclinato a verticale. Non c'è molta differenza. Almeno nelle misurazioni effettuate nei mesi freddi. Ecco perché ho deciso dopo aver saldato tubi 100x50x3mm. Da una trave all'altra. Metterò i pannelli verticali
pannelli progetto.jpg

alto1.jpg
Dietro la recinzione e libero. Gli alberi non ci sono. la foto satellitare è vecchia
In questa foto c'è spazio per 18 pannelli con ottimizzatore tigo4a. C'è un'ombra che diminuisce. A seconda della stagione. Inizia 8–10. Va avanti a tutto vapore alle 12 fino al tramonto.....
davanti.jpg

. Mentre in questa foto c'è spazio per 54 pannelli
Le ore di sole sono dalle 7-8 alle 4-7 a seconda della stagione.
dietro.jpg

Ho intenzione di prendere un altro growatt spf 6000 es plus in parallelo accoppiato con un seplos da 15kw.seplos.jpg
pannelli.jpg

Con queste informazioni puoi darmi un consiglio
prova pannelli.jpg

45 gradi
45 gradi.jpg

verticale
verticale.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I'll try to explain it to you in detail. What I'd like to do. I had a 300 foot high, 10 foot high fence. At first I had a very sturdy structure like this...... After 20 years without maintenance and heavy storms and it becomes like this. Now it's time to fix the problem. The cost of the restoration is higher than the cost of the photovoltaic material
Installing vertical panels to replace a fence. Interesting.

I would only group (parallel) panels that have the same sun exposure. Probably too many strings for an all-in-one. You may need more MPPT's. Maybe buy a few solar charge controllers that can be paralleled to the batteries.

Installazione di pannelli verticali in sostituzione di una recinzione. Interessante.

Raggrupperei solo pannelli (paralleli) che hanno la stessa esposizione al sole. Probabilmente troppe corde per un all-in-one. Potresti aver bisogno di più MPPT. Magari compra qualche regolatore di carica solare che possa essere messo in parallelo alle batterie.
Ok, cercherò di studiare attentamente come svilupparlo. Se trovi interessante il mio progetto. Sarò lieto di aggiornarvi sugli sviluppi. Potrebbe essere una cosa lunga, lo farò nel mio tempo libero. Nel fotovoltaico verticale. Dovrebbero esserci pannelli bifacciali. Ma non avendo buoni rapporti con i vicini, pulirli sarebbe stato un problema. E ho optato per il single face. Saluti dall'Italia

Installazione di pannelli verticali in sostituzione di una recinzione. Interessante.

Raggrupperei solo pannelli (paralleli) che hanno la stessa esposizione al sole. Probabilmente troppe corde per un all-in-one. Potresti aver bisogno di più MPPT. Magari acquistare qualche regolatore di carica solare che possa essere collegato in parallelo alle batterie.https://espertocasaclima.com/2010/05/26/pannelli-solari-posizione-verticale-massimo-design-minimo-rendimento/

Raggrupperei solo pannelli (paralleli) che hanno la stessa esposizione al sole. Probabilmente troppe corde per un all-in-one. Potresti aver bisogno di più MPPT. Magari compra qualche regolatore di carica solare che possa essere messo in parallelo alle batterie.

Questo è un link molto interessante, se vi va, date un'occhiata e ditemi cosa ne pensate. Qualche anno fa l'installazione verticale era un'eresia🤗🤗🤗

Ok, I'll try to carefully study how to develop it. If you find my project interesting. I will be happy to update you on developments. This might be a long one, I'll do it in my free time. In vertical photovoltaics. There should be double-sided panels. But not having good relations with the neighbors, cleaning them would have been a problem. And I opted for single face. Greetings from Italy
Here in the USA, some bi-facial panels are cheaper, or the same price, as mono-facial panels. If the same, or cheaper, don't worry about cleaning the backside. Whatever additional power you get is a bonus.

Qui negli Stati Uniti, alcuni pannelli bifacciali sono più economici, o hanno lo stesso prezzo, dei pannelli monofacciali. Se lo stesso, o più economico, non preoccuparti di pulire il retro. Qualunque sia il potere aggiuntivo che ottieni è un bonus.
the model I have mono. a pallet of 36 pieces here in Italy costs 6658 euros with 10% VAT including transport. In Germany VAT 22% including transport 2836 for the price and an excellent price
If all goes well, the first pallet will be installed without problems, later. I will order another one and finish the fence

Assuming they are all the same sun exposure/shading, then you can have 3 strings of 12 panels in series, or 4 strings of 9 panels, or 2 strings of 8 (combined) plus 2 strings of 10 (combined), etc

Greetings to all from Italy. I had the opportunity to buy a pallet. From 36pcs of Sunket STK 385-410M10 All Black Solar Panels at 70 USD each
As an inverter I have a growatt spf 6000 es plus. I wanted to do an oversizing of the panels. To have excellent efficiency. With cloudy weather and during the winter. Can anyone tell me how many panels I can install? For good oversizing. And how do I connect them. Series, parallel. Mixed parallel series.
I enter the data of the panel. And the inverter. If there is anyone who can help me, I thank him from the bottom of my heart. I apologize in advance for my bad English. I use Google translate hello from italy

Module Type Stk410M10

Maximum Power- Pmax(W) 410

Open Circuit Voltage - Voc(V) 37.32

Short- Circuit Current - Isc(A)13.95

Voltage at Pmax -Vmp(V) 31.45

Current at Pmax - Imp(A) 13.04

Module Efficiency -ηm(%) 21.0

I dress in Veneto altitude 9 meters minimum tempera - 10 very rarely

Inverter growatt spf 6000 es plus

View attachment 194007

View attachment 194008

View attachment 194009
Not sure if you have done this already but some advice on this thread is incorrect. I could be wrong but to my understanding is, you cannot parallel multiple strings onto one mppt with your panels. The panels you have are ~13amps and the max amps allowed per mppt on the inverter is 16a

Non sono sicuro se l'hai già fatto, ma alcuni consigli su questo thread non sono corretti. Potrei sbagliarmi, ma a quanto ho capito, non è possibile parallelare più stringhe su un mppt con i pannelli. I pannelli che hai sono ~ 13 ampere e gli ampere massimi consentiti per mppt sull'inverter sono 16 a

Anteprima immagine

Ho contattato il tecnico growatt mi ha detto che si può fare tranquillamente

Ogni MPPT sopporta una corrente MAX di 16 A, anche se si collegano più stringhe fotovoltaiche alla porta MPPT, cosa succede se la corrente di ingresso FV ha superato i 16 A e la tensione di ingresso FV non supera i 500 V, non è necessario preoccuparsi che danneggi la scheda MPPT, verrà sprecata solo l'energia in eccesso.

Ingresso fotovoltaico di 4000 W al massimo. Per ogni MPPT

Il diodo sulla scheda MPPT può sopportare una corrente di 60 A

Anteprima immagine

L'unico dubbio che ho. È che i pannelli vanno tutti a piena capacità dopo 2 ore dal primo pannello. Essendo due corde in serie di 7+7 in parallelo. L'ombra calante può causare problemi??

Per il discorso dell'ampere mi ha detto che non c'è problema, il Growatt spf 6000 es plus può gestire fino a 60a al massimo. Anche se nel manuale c'è scritto 16a, non devo preoccuparmi

Questo è un link molto interessante, se vi va, date un'occhiata e ditemi cosa ne pensate. Qualche anno fa l'installazione verticale era un'eresia🤗🤗🤗

Ora sto facendo l'installazione dei profili zincati. Ho fatto alcuni test di resa e resistenza al vento

Anteprima immagine

Anteprima immagine

Ho deciso di aggiungere un profilo centrale e due sezioni verticali per dare più resistenza al tutto
Anteprima immagine

Back