diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 6000 ES plus And BSL Batt 135 Ah 7Kw batteries not working

leekie67

Good day I really hope that someone can help me i have 2 growatt SPF 6000 es plus inverters with 3 BSL Batt 135ah 7kw batteries i have a total of 24 solar panels and its connected on 4 strings 6 pannels on a string
the biggest issue we have is that the batteries never charge to full capacity and the app is never showing us the correct state of the batteries
it always reads 75% when the batteries is clearly on empty or 30 %
we are of the grid and really need advise a had technicians come and go asking me money and still not solving my problem please is there anyone that can help me
just quickly the latest settings for the batteries is on US2 but that does not give me the right Battery percentage if i put the setting in Lit and protocol 52 it gives me the percentage of the batteries but also alot more issues with my system please can someone give me advise also people told me that my inverter is not compatible with the batteries is this a huge problem or can i still manage

......so....you have three BSL Battery (16s) with 135Ah capacity......
Here a quick question, do you balance those three batteries before combining it in one big pack?

Charge it one by one until each battery SOC reaches 100%, then re-assemble it back into one big pack again.

Your issue is unbalanced battery pack.
can i switch off the batteries and charge them that way each to 100%

Last edited:
can i switch off the batteries and charge them that way each to 100%
On one sunny day......plug only one pack and charge it to 100%, then remove it and charge the second pack to 100% and repeat it with third pack.

Last edited:
tell me i have read i few threads now and i see a lot of people struggling with the issue that the growatt inverter struggles with Li? i have mine on US2 but still not communicating with the batteries

Back