diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPH-3000~6000 + EV Charging

mjdyson

Hello,

I'm looking to develop a script that allows me to turn off house battery discharge when an electric vehicle is connected to the house. We have 6kW of solar generation capacity, so I'm not expecting a full charge every day. The Zappi 2 charger I have lined up has the capability of switching on EV charging when export to the grid is > 1.4kW (also this would infer that the house battery is full).

Ideally I'd like surplus solar to be delivered to the car, if this is achievable with my gear. +/- 10% would still make some difference as our export rates are <30% of the import rates. The last thing I want is to cycle the house batteries unnecessarily.

What kind of strategies should I be thinking about?
Can I get the system to stop discharging the house battery, if the solar levels drop?
I will presume that the Zappi 2 has a CT clamp on the grid side that detects when export is high and that it can switch quickly enough to maintain a small amount of export.

My growatt system has priority modes batt, grid and load-first and seem to be controllable via server.growatt.com. I'm not sure what effect each mode would have on what I'm trying to do.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers,
M

Hello,

I'm looking to develop a script that allows me to turn off house battery discharge when an electric vehicle is connected to the house. We have 6kW of solar generation capacity, so I'm not expecting a full charge every day. The Zappi 2 charger I have lined up has the capability of switching on EV charging when export to the grid is > 1.4kW (also this would infer that the house battery is full).

Ideally I'd like surplus solar to be delivered to the car, if this is achievable with my gear. +/- 10% would still make some difference as our export rates are <30% of the import rates. The last thing I want is to cycle the house batteries unnecessarily.

What kind of strategies should I be thinking about?
Can I get the system to stop discharging the house battery, if the solar levels drop?
I will presume that the Zappi 2 has a CT clamp on the grid side that detects when export is high and that it can switch quickly enough to maintain a small amount of export.

My growatt system has priority modes batt, grid and load-first and seem to be controllable via server.growatt.com. I'm not sure what effect each mode would have on what I'm trying to do.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers,
M
Maybe take a look at Groboost.
Into the documentation have seen something about pairing with a EV charge station.
Also it automaticaly adjust the load to not import from grid.

diy solar

diy solar
Back