diy solar

diy solar

Growatt Whole Home Backup (SYN-200) questions

I would expect that there are absolutely none. China trains lots of extremely good engineers- I’ve worked with many in past years. They’ve been making stuff cheaper than us for more than a generation, they’ve been out engineering us for a good long time now. Our engineering inertia from previous generations is waning rapidly………
I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but you aren't wrong. Part of why going this Growatt route is because I like to tinker with stuff.

I’m a engineer with no sales or marketing skills/experience whatsoever, but I could do a lot better than they are with their products. With respect to the MIN-US inverters and ARO batteries, with better & easier to find documentation they would sell a lot more than whatever they are selling now.
Yeah I was extrapolating from Growatt's manuals to their quality and capability, based on how I evaluate US engineers in interviews based on communciations/how a system is described etc. Apparently this isn't the right approach :laugh:

I'm not convinced the quality of their docs is affecting their sales against peer companies (IE not Enphase/SolarEdge). As long as the components match up with what PV installers expect, they can just slap them in, albeit with suboptimal configs. I'm not even sure the entry level PV installers even want to read or learn or make clever configurations.

Have you seen how many complaints there are here from UK/EU about comparable inverters that are getting slapped into homes?
I would expect that there are absolutely none. China trains lots of extremely good engineers- I’ve worked with many in past years
English fluency is way better in China now than before (I guess the question is about native speakers but why does that matter).

I think it is more about where they put their writing talent. There probably isn't that much good English technical writing talent, and it's not clear the engineering org really wants to invest their fluent English engineers on writing user facing docs.

Back